Adsense



    

Friday 7 December 2012

Easy Christmas Cards



Morning All,

I have finally done something that I have said I'm going to do for so many years, I'm not even sure when the idea of making cards occurred to me.

As I mentioned the other day, I am a bit of a procrastinator, every year I'm going to make this, that and the other and Christmas Eve I generally have made nothing! This is also the first year in about a decade that I'm not working so perhaps that made it a little easier but I finally made some Christmas cards.

I have been sorting out my ever growing supply of craft stuff and found a card making kit that came free with a magazine, I pretty sure the magazine was bought before the appearance of the last two children (just to give you an idea of my procrastination). Anyway on Monday most of the house was home sick and I found myself alone, with them all sleeping so I decided to play.

Honestly I could do a tutorial but it was as simple as playing around with the embellishments, cutting the paper and just gluing bits and bobs.

Here are some other ones I made




If you haven't done this before, I highly recommend doing it, I went out and priced this stuff and I found kits range from $5 upwards and after what was a highly stressful week with sick kids and sick husband, it was so relaxing because anything goes. Once the house is finished (yes I know that's what this blog is about I've not forgotten, I'm just sidetracked by Christmas) I'm going to come back to it, so much fun and the purchased embellishments makes it easy for kids to try their hand at it as well.


DIY Delight or Disaster? It's a delight, easy, cheap and oh so relaxing!


Thanks for reading,

Mel xo


Linking up at these awesome parties

26 comments:

  1. They look great! I'm debating whether to even send cards this year - barely anyone reciprocated last year. It takes a lot of time and I'm not sure I can be bothered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paper craft and can't get enough of it. Thanks for the share Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel those are as cute as can be! I find most crafting to be relaxing! It's the DIY stuff that stresses me out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so bright and cheery! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I love this! I have promised myself that I am going to handmake Violet's birthday invitations. You need to keep telling me how easy it is when her birthday rolls around, deal?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a delight! I like them, Mel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely! Great job! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_12_04_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. As much as I love your cards and dream of making my own, I can't even get the ones I bought addressed! I'm so far behind in everything that I'm starting to panic! Am I sounding irrational? Help!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are adorable! Thanks for visiting me and commenting at OneCreativeMommy. I would love it if you shared some of your great ideas at OneCreativeMommy.com. The party is open Fri-Wed each week. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards lovely! Great job! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week!
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them! I havnt really tried my hand at card making, I made cards last year but this year...um...no cards going out!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delight! I can't imagine making all of my cards but a few special ones would be nice to do! Thanks for stopping over!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I realize I live my life sleep deprived but I didn't even realize that your blog was about fixing up your house...now I get it, Mellywood's Mansion {cue, hitting the palm of my hand to my forehead}. I thought your blog was just about being awesome, which you are :). Love your Christmas cards. Will you be making one for the Swag Man?

    ReplyDelete
  14. definitely a DIY Delight! How cute. I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Christmas cards! Love them. That's very clever ...
    I am not that creative. Mine are photo cards ordered from Snapfish. I'm afraid that's the extent of my patience when it comes to creating unique Christmas wishes.
    Happy weekend :)
    Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards look great! I've gotten so lazy, I don't even send out store-bought cards any more! :\

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, new follower from the blog hop over at ChatterBlossom. I'm loving these cards, they look wonderful! Something I'd love to try. :)

    xo,
    Kristin
    aboutagirl.ca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards! So cute. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These cards are too dang cute! Thanks for sharing on "I Gotta Try That" Have a great week!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow Mel! These cards are awesomely great!!! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!

    T'onna
    Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mel, your cards are darling! Thanks for sharing them at our Strut Your Stuff Saturday link party! We are sooooo glad that you came! Thanks again. -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mel, you cards a fabulous! You did a great job. Thank you so much for sharing again this week at A Bouquet of Talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute cards!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Mel! I featured your cards @ Submarine Sunday #11. Please stop by and grab a featured button, and I hope you'll link up again soon!!!

    T'onna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...