Adsense



    

Thursday 2 May 2013

Houndstooth Table Makeover in 20 minutes





 

G'day all,

So a little while back my craft desk was repossessed...by Julian for Jack who got a new computer for his birthday and I was stuck with Jack's teeny tiny little one and that so wasn't working for me. I did however have my old dining table out in the garage. Before the babies I had two tables one formal one for everyday and we really needed the room.

I loved having the extra space on the table to craft but I hated the fact that the glass always looked dirty



And that you could see my junk underneath and it always looked messy.


Enter the contact paper it's quick, easy to clean and super easy to swap out when my current obsession with houndstooth runs it's course.


It's as easy as lining up the strips and smoothing it down. I also used a tip I saw somewhere (probably Pinterest) about having the electrics under the table, brilliant it meant I didn't have cords hanging all over the place.




Tada, like magic, a whole new table that hides the junk which makes me so happy!




DIY Delight or Disaster??? I'm in love Delight! What do you think?

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo


Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here














25 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE it...what a fantastic idea! I always get nervous about those kinds of make-overs but you nailed it girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total delight ! Glass can be tough to keep clean, I should know ;-) {glass junkie!} Great job, Mel !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the houndstooth Mel! My craft desk is covered with contact paper too. It makes it so easy to clean and change when I get tired of it. Great idea to reuse the glass table. It's an absolute delight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks awesome, tons neater! I had a glass table years ago...gosh a lot of years now, and I made a cake for my younger brother-in-law's bday. I was young and dumb and put that cake on top of a couple of pot holders on the table to cool. My beautiful glass table broke in half. I still have the scar from the glass falling on me while I was sitting there. I haven't had a glass table since, but I do think they're pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this Mel - especially that it's houndstooth -
    I'd this in a minute except I'm lousy with contact paper - half of it ends up stuck on me - each other - and
    when I CAN miraculously get it on something - I can never get the wrinkles out - NEVER!!!
    You did a great job - it looks gorgeous!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following you back from the collective blog hop! I love the table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Total delight! I am so jealous that you can use that stuff - any tips for getting it to adhere smoothly, I usually get bubbles and lumps!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a quick and lovely makeover your glass table got. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! That table looks awesome! I'm loving the black and white houndstooth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It look great Mel! I like houndstooth too! I have a small glass topped end table that could use a cover. Now I just need to browse some contact paper! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got my arms resting on a glass table at just this minute, staring down at oodles of dust, electrical wires, and a mess underneath.. I so need to do this!!! Your table is super cute. The Houndstooth is way cool!! I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is definitely DIY delight! I've been missing the boat on the contact paper. I never thought of using it for anything but lining shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely delightful! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The table looks great! I always hated glass tables because of the cleaning issue. I am super-impressed with your contact paper application skills. I end up needing help getting untangled from it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gidday Mel. Was great meeting you yesterday. Am your latest follower. Can't wait to have a good look around your blog and get some decorating ideas.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a delightfully easy idea! I really love how this turned out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks completely different! And it's so FAB now! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really cool! I'm visiting you today from Sugar Bee. I co-host a Linky Party Tuesdays and would LOVE for you to add this. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog, leave a comment and Link Up, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Join me each Tuesday for Brag About It Link Up Party

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea, Mel!!! Love houndstooth and the transformation! I love contact paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a great idea!! Love it! I'm a huge houndstooth fan! Such a classic pattern! Would love it if you would link this up to Give Me The Goods Monday: 1 Party, 5 Blogs! http://www.rainonatinroof.com/2013/05/give-me-goods-link-party-7.html
    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  21. I luv it!! It turned out great! Makes me wanna try something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a delight that I pinned it! You are rockin' the houndstooth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...