Adsense



    

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Vinyl Bag

Sometimes you just want to do something purely for yourself and I love bags, but since I stopped working designer leather ones have not been on my list, but this month has been a big one! The electricity was out to a third of the house, the hot water service packed up, twice, meaning we carted 7 of us for 5 days anywhere we could for a shower, one car off the road waiting for repairs and quite frankly it was time to do something just for me.




So recently our local craft chain held a big sale and for whatever reason I decided I must have some of this white vinyl, it was on sale 50% off so I bought a meter, and there it sat no idea what to do with it until I decided on a bag.


I did the easy fold over method and chose lining and did the same for that.



Attached the lining,

 Grabbed an old belt and sewed it on for a handle.


Decided I needed some embellishments and got the  Big Shot out.






 Glued them on, you could sew but I didn't fancy hand sewing vinyl...plus this is quicker!


And, bang a new bag!


 

DIY Delight or Disaster? I have never sewed real vinyl, it was fun to try but the belt gave me a real headache, however it's done now and I love it! Delight!

So what have you done for you lately?

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

16 comments:

  1. Oh Mel. Sounds like you've had a rough July. Hoping August is better for you. Glad you decided to make something for yourself. The bag turned out great. I love the flower embellishments you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Mel... what a pain to have all those things go wrong at the same time. It's times like these that we need to do a little something extra just for ourselves. Your bag is so sweet, and I love the flowers. Love that you reused a belt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Sad you're having a rough go of it, but this turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I hope things are back to normal at your house. You deserved to make something for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Mel, when it rains, it pours. Hope you are all re-situated. Your bag it too adorable,way to repurpose! I'm lovin your pink button embellishments :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've been living a nightmare- I hope it's over now! The bag is beautiful- I have a {slight} obsession with bags. And coats. Those flowers are so cute, love the pink centers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all is back to normal now Mel, everything always happens at once doesn't it? Really love your bag, definitely time to make something for yourself - you deserve it!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delight, delight, delight! And I love the lining too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gee Mel! Sounds like you've had more than you can say grace over lately! Love your bag and good for you for taking time to make yourself something pretty in the midst of chaos! Truly delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! and I especially love the liner. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  11. As they say,
    Bad things happen in three :(....and then things begin to shine!! Hope your world is shining!! BTW..great purse. Love the lining you used. The flowers set it off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The purse turned out really pretty and it's a one of a kind, Mellywood bag! Did you use a special needle on the machine for sewing vinyl?

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great bag. I love that you personalized it by adding the flowers. I’d love for you to check out our Pattern Party! Those with free patterns and templates to share are invited to link up! Starts on the 1st of each month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it, Mel ! Not too much detail, just enough and it looks like leather :-) The lining is a nice surprise, so fun !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh I likey! I need one now - love this! Girl you do need to get selling - you have great ideas and finished products!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! I'm going to show it to my 15 year old daughter. Now I'm trying to figure out how you made the link squares with your blog and pinterest/etc. I'll have to figure this out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...