Adsense



    

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Spring Time

Morning All,

Right around blog land I have been inundated with beautiful pictures of Autumn days and falling leaves, which almost makes me wish we were in Autumn. I love Autumn, not only is it my birthday, but it also brought me 2 of my children and of course Easter. However it also is quickly followed by Winter, now that I'm keen to leave behind!

So with the Spring School Holidays in full swing, I thought I would do some crafting with Elizabeth and my friend Nat at NorthShore Days, has inspired me to make some jewelry.

WARNING: Worse than usual photos, someone played with the camera settings and I kept getting this weird flash I could not fix, while we were making these. Julian played around with it and the next day I was able to get some decent shots.

Here are our Full Bloom Watches.



Supplies:
Artificial Flowers
Watch face
E6000 Glue
Hot Glue
Glitter Elastic
Felt




First we measured our wrists and hot glued the elastic.



Then we pulled the green plastic stem off and removed the rhinestone middle.



We glued the flower back together, and using the E6000, glued the watch face to the center of the flower, the watch faces were just over a dollar each from ebay.In fact the whole watch cost around $2.50 to make, and if you want to change the batteries it peels off.



Then we glued the felt to the bottom of the flower and took a second piece of felt and sandwiched the elastic with hot glue between the two felt circles. The we just trimmed the felt so it was a little neater.



Here are our Spring Flower watches in Full Bloom.






DIY Delight or Disaster? Well honestly, while I do think it's pretty, it's not the sort of thing I would wear, I'm very understated when it comes to jewelry, unless it's pink.
Elizabeth loves crafting and jewelry. Going back to school with stuff she has made makes her happy, I think I'll send mine along with her to give to her best friend. Two happy 10 year old girls - Delight!

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

18 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous! Love the blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! My 10 year old niece would also love this! I'm going to show it to her. My favorite it the blue. How lovely that you got to craft with your daughter and how super sweet of you to share one with her friend. (Isn't Nat the best? She inspires me in so many ways!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! My 12 year old will love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - how did I miss this??? Love it! I love that your daughter likes to make her own jewellery already! And thank you for the lovely shout out - big hugs hunni xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter would LOVE this. She is definitely not understated in any way. What a fun project to do with your 10 year old. I'd definitely send yours along to her best friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm already thinking of the granddaughters for these. I've never made jewellery but pretty sure I can handle this! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is so cute! Perfect for a little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mel,
    These are so adorable, so stinkin' fun, I just LOVE them. Pinning. So clever and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mel, I had to pin these also. What a clever, fun watch/accessory! These would make perfect gifts for the young girls in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww. Those are cute. I bet the girls will have fun with them. Happy Birthday by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just darling!!1 Cute to the max. That is original and fun. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed this, too. I would have loved one of those as a ten year old! The current me might wear earrings once a month, but I do look at others wearing girly stuff, and think it is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome!
    Obviously I wouldn't wear the myself, but I know a certain young lady who would enjoy making and wearing them A LOT.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute. I love them. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/10/almond-sugar-body-scrub-and-wednesdays.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. My kids would love 'em!

    I'd love to have you link up at my Weekend party!

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/10/weekend-warmth-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks really cute! Cute idea. I think it could be fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep, perfect for little girls! Thanks for sharing this on 'Or so she says...' at last week's link party! I would love to have you add the party to your list and stop back to share more of your great ideas. There's actually a party going on right now (it's every Saturday through Tuesday.) Thanks a bunch! ~ Mariel www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the blue one too......perfect for the young girls.....another winner for sure

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...