Adsense



    

Friday 1 February 2013

Guest Post - Danni from Silo Hill Farm

Morning All,

I'm very excited to have my very first guest poster, none other than the awesome Danni from Silo Hill Farm. I love Danni and I know that if you guys don't already know and love her, you will after today.

Take it away Danni.

******************************************************

Hello fans of the fabulous Mel and her Mansion!  I'm am delighted to be here guest posting for Mel today.  I'm Danni and I blog over at Silo Hill Farm.
I've been lucky enough to know Mel almost since she started blogging.  Her projects are inspiring and her sense of humor never disappoints, but it's her friendship and support that I cherish.

Today I'm sharing with you one of my "I & E" projects...that's inexpensive and easy if you aren't familiar with my blog.  I wanted to make something for a friend of mine who happens to love purple.  I had a lot of purple beads in various shapes and sizes, but I'm not much of a jewelry maker.  Oh, I have all of the tools, wire, fasteners and jump rings.....I just don't know what to do with them!  But then one day in the craft store, I spotted these.....
It's a little clip on key chain with a bead pin attached.  It looks like this.
This project couldn't be easier.  All you do is unscrew the little ball at the end of the pin, thread some beads on and screw the ball back on.
Still looking a little plain here, so I added a little charm I had.  It says, "Play".  
  Perfect for my purple loving friend who is an avid canoeist!

Now I've got one more key chain left and I think I'll make one for my sister-in-law.  The hardest part of this project is deciding what kind of fun little charm to attach! 
Come visit me at the Farm sometime and see some of my other easy projects.  Thanks Mel!  I love ya!
      
*********************************************************************************
What a sweet key chain, I love the idea of a screw off ball pin, I'm sure your friend will love it as much as I do.
Thanks for visiting the mansion Danni, I hope you enjoyed your stay!
 Don't forget to check all the goodness that can be found at Silo Hill Farm and meet one of the coolest, friendliest, awesome bloggers I have been fortunate enough to get to know. Go for the projects, stay for the fun that is Danni.
Thanks for reading,
Mel xo

16 comments:

  1. Oh I love Danni's stuff and this is so cute! The colors and perfect. I'm going to have to make one or two myself :) Great guest post Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very handy for a canoeist I must say...and mothers and forgetful types. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This key chain is adorable, Danni and I'm sure your purple loving friend will love it! The colors blend in so well, she'll be pleased every time she uses it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at y'all! This is so cute! (I really need some guest bloggers. I am so crazy at school. And elsewhere.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two of my favorite bloggers in the exact same place. I love your projects Danni because they are always so easy and so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Danni! This is a great project for someone like me who is beading challenged. lol. Awesome first guest post Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Danni & love all her stuff she makes ! This is a very cute project {I am going to search for those clip/chain thingies ;-) }

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two favourite bloggers in one post! Love you gals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The charm does add just the right touch to the key chain. I think it came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Danni - I love that!!! I love the charm too - I better get my shopping list ready for you!!! Love you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cool. I've been living under a rock cuz I've never seen anything like it. Great guest post Mel and Danni. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute and easy to make project! I'm excited to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab project, quick but looks very effective!

    Hugs, E xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful project, Danni! As always of course! :) Great guest poster, Mel. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  15. The key chain is so cute! And easy, something I like too.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...