Adsense



    

Monday 17 June 2013

Sweet & Salty Bark.....Aka A Party In Your Mouth!!!






Howdy all,

I'm not a food blogger, I never will be, mainly because I don't like to cook and my way of "plating" a meal is to slop it in and yell "Grubs Up" which means Dinner is served. I'm not sure if that is Australian or universal but that's my way. Luckily for the rest of the family Julian loves cook and takes great care and pride with his dishes. I do love to make sweet treats for the kids from time to time and when I saw Mary from Sweet Little Bluebird post her Sweet and Salty bark I knew I had to try it.

Recipe here at Sweet Little Bluebird

But being on the south side of the hemisphere and the metric system, ingredients are a little different as are weights and measurements, so with the permission of Mary, I have reworked it for what I used.


Sweet and Salty Bark
For the Base

  • 1/2 a pkt Salada Biscuits (about half a packet but use whatever fits your tin, I used a lamington tin)
  • 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
  • 200 gr of Butter
  • 1 tsp of Vanilla Essence
  • 375gr Packet of White Chocolate buttons
Topping

  • 1/2 a cup of crushed Pretzels
  • 1 pkt of mini M&M's
  • 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt
Pre heat oven to 180 Celsius 
Line a Lamington tin with foil and spray with cooking spray
Spread the Saladas to cover the tray
Place the brown sugar and butter in a pan on medium and bring to the boil, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes
Take it off the heat and add the vanilla essence and pour over the top of the Saladas
Bake for 10 minutes
As soon as it's out of the oven, place the white chocolate buttons on top and spread out as they melt.
While the chocolate is still soft, add the toppings.
Then set in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes or until hard.
Cut into small squares and wonder why this hasn't been in your life till now!!!!



She ain't pretty but she's might tasty, I wish I had have snapped a photo Max with toffee running down his chin as he clapped while he ate it...disgusting, funny and priceless! Also don't forget to go over to Sweet Little Bluebird and see Mary's other topping ideas here

Thanks for reading,

Mel


Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here






36 comments:

  1. This looks sinfully delicious! It's all my favorite snacks rolled up into a scrumptious little package. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! There's a lot of goodies in there. Looks like a party for the taste buds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I'm going to have to go back to Mary's site though, since I hate weighing things. Especially myself. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yummy...bring it on! Are saladas similar to graham wafers? I want these in my mouth right now! Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome, Mel ! Pinned and making it soon :-) {love the pretzels}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmmmmmmy!

    I'm not a great cook, I do like to make plates pretty but normally don't have time for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yummm. Love that you made it in a LAMINGTON tin. I need me one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you described your sweet little Max eating this tasty treat as disgusting, yummy and priceless. These really do look great but reading your post made me feel like I was reading something written in another language with things like 'lamington' and 'Celsius' :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you I'd rather bake than cook... it tastes so much better! How cool that you adjusted the measurements, too bad we all don't have a universal method, but then again, it makes it that much more interesting. Pinning, Mel, it looks delish ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so good! I know my little girl would just eat the whole tray! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds interesting. I think it would tick all the boxes for my daughter. Might give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh looks amazing! Doesn't look ugly at all! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like such a yummy recipe - just did a Google search on the UK equivalent of Salada biscuits, I am good to go now :) I have a feeling my kiddos will love this!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those kinds of recipes Mel. Trouble is I eat most of it too! LOL

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds delicious, and I think it DOES look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks fantastic! I can imagine what a hit it would be 'round these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My eyebrows are raised so high they're lost in my fringe - sweet and salty? But the more I think about it the more yummy this looks! I will definitely keep it in mind.

    Visiting from #teamIBOT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. If I made these the kids would've even get a look in - YUMMO! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mel this looks awesome! I haven't made any yet, but I plan to! Your pic is great too! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummmm! I have no idea what a salada biscuit is, but I'd be drooling right along with Max! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW - it would have me in a sugar coma within minutes !!!
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yummmm, Mel! I plan to try white chocolate next! Love your post and pics...so glad you made the bark!!! Pinning :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Mel this looks so good! Pretzels and chocolate together is one of the best combos under the sun :) I'm going to make this for our July 4th festivities and use red and blue M&M's. Pinning it too :) Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet and salty is my favorite combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. " She ain't pretty " ???
    I think it looks soooo pretty with all those colors - and sweet and salty is perfection in my world!
    Pinning this for sure!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  26. What are salada biscuits...looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) A salada here in Australia is similar to a saltine, it is delicious

      Delete
  27. Hey this looks Awesome! You could be a food blogger if ya wanted to :)Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just can't imagine how this would taste. I struggle with the salty sweet combo. Might have to try it to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is made of so much WIN! It looks great. Pinned!

    Stopping by from the Weekend Wonders party. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Julie @ This Gal Cooks

    ReplyDelete
  30. Whoa, I shouldnn't have read this - very very tempting - and too naughty by half. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sweet and Salty is just the way I like my treats - this looks fantastic! Saw you at 6 sisters!

    Would LOVE for you to bring this over to Super Sunday at Who Needs a Cape? We are live right now ;) http://whoneedsacape.com/2013/06/super-sunday-party-4/

    ReplyDelete
  32. This looks yummy Mel! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  33. G'day! never had bark to date! Yours look yum!
    Thanks for sharing as part of Foodie Friends Friday Snack Party!
    Cheers! Joanne
    http://whatsonthelist.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...