Adsense



    

Monday 15 October 2012

The Numbers Game - Wall Art

Hey All,

Well I have to say I am totally intrigued by all the Sesame Street talk being played out by the opposing sides of the American government. More importantly my stats have showed some interesting Google searches that are leading to my blog, so whatever side of the political game you're on, for an outsider on the other side of the planet I am watching on with great interest.

Anyway enough of the political talk, we can't have a room dedicated to Sesame Street without a number display. Sadly, The Count from Sesame Street, recently passed away and for some reason I just couldn't add him to my project.

Number Wall Art Canvas



 This was so simple and as a bonus, free because I had all the supplies on hand, however it took me a week to do this. Seriously it should have taken a day, 2 at most if the paint needed longer drying time. The kids home and some stuff happening around here has left me a serious case of the CBB's (Can't be Bothered's). The weather can't decide if it wants to be warm or freezing and I just either want to sit in the sun or curl up and read on the couch with a blankie - for the record, NO woman over the age of 30 should admit to having a blankie!


Anyways, moving on and growing up, here is how I made the Number Wall Art.

Supplies:
Canvas
Paint
Scrapbook Paper
Glue
Electronic Cutter/Scissors

Honestly I hadn't truly decided what I was going to do other than the fact that I wanted some numbers on the wall. So I cut out the numbers and Julian reminded me that there was a canvas in the garage. I bought this canvas 5 years ago, clearly a project that never eventuated. Check out the dust!


Then I placed the numbers on the canvas


The white of the canvas made the numbers look a little bland, so Julian suggested that I paint it. I took some of the yellow paint left over from the wardrobe and did just that.



Then Julian suggested, rather than having them all neat and lined up I should scatter them - I placed them and I had to admit he was right (Something that pains me to do!)


I modpodge them on and let it dry


Then I stuck it on the wall using multiple 3M sticker things (Can't find the packet to say what they are called but they are the ones that go on the back of the hook) and put it on the wall, above Max's cot



Now I can say, in spite of my incredibly sucky photography, this is straight and looks fantastic. Also Julian's suggestions were in fact better than my original plan and the yellow has a) brightened up the room and b) made the numbers stand out. 

DIY Delight or Disaster? Well disregarding the fact that this post has now concluded that sometimes I should just shut up and listen to what the hubs has to say - I think it is a delight.

I would love to have each of you come and see this room in all it's almost finished glory because no jokes I am totally amazed with what I have made. The only down side so far to this room, is the fact that it has to remain the cleanest room in the house. Why? It's because every time someone comes over they want to see it in person! 

So what's your verdict DIY Delight or Disaster?

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo


13 comments:

  1. Delight of course!! It's bright, it's sunny, it's educational and you told us you have a blankie!! AND....Julian is a wise man! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say a delight for sure! Well done on a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delight! Yes, it is CRAZY to think that our country is thinking of cutting the PBS budget. Who could look at Big Bird and feel like he needs to make less money :(. I love that your husband offers up his opinion and his suggestions. Mine does the same and it equally pains me when he is right :). I think you are doing an outstanding job decorating a very special and fun room. And, I love that you have a blankie to curl up under :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEEEEE-LIGHT!!! Hadn't heard that one but I like the CBB's! I have had the case of the CRS lately though.Can't remember sh--! Ironically I just posted a little about it. I cannot wait to see the entire room reveal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a deeelight! I think its' so nice that your man is interested in the decorating process. Unless, of course, he starts giving too much advice! You'd better start watermarking your pics. It's easy to do on Picmonkey. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Defo a delight - bright and fun, what's not to love? Good job :)

    P.S I LOVE a snuggle with a blankie, shhhh!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mel, just popping by to let you know I nominated you for the Leibster Award, check out the post on my blog appearing today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delight! I love bright colours, and I love The Count. Hope he re- appears at some point, poor fella ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been strolling through your blog! Love your creative, colorful work! I am happy to be your newest follower,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delight!!! Very cute!!!! And Creative!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great creation and I loved stopping by:)
    Thanks for linking up To Whimsy Wednesday!

    Kelly,
    Smart! School {House}
    www.smartschoolhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I say delight! So fun. Thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday. I hope we see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very bright and fun - I've pinned this as well - thanks for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...