Adsense



    

Sunday 28 October 2012

Mean Mum or Evil Genius? Either Way You Decide!

Evening All,

Well having finished the babies room, there has been quite the argument between the kids as to whose room should be done next. The boys think theirs should be next, but Elizabeth looks at me with pleading blue eyes, begging me to do hers.

In order to settle this argument  I asked the kids to clean their rooms and I would have you guys decide. Each child has briefly stated why their room should be next. In the comments, I ask that you vote for the child who has convinced you.


In no particular order we have

Elizabeth's Room



In her own words, she says "I would like my room to be next, so I can see all my Mum's creations come to life." - (Yikes, how's that for pressure)


The Boy's Room



Samuel says "Our room should be done next because even with the blinds open the room is dark and we need new draws. Elizabeth always gets a make over (hmm, Nana gave her new to us furniture, I haven't actually done anything in there since I moved Jack out for Madeleine's arrival)

Jack says "Our room should be done next because it's drab and lifeless" - Someones been watching too many home makeover shows with his mother.

So friends, the gauntlet has been thrown, please vote for the child who has moved you. Also take into consideration I asked them to clean and present their room as best they can.

Personally I think I am now a evil genius, I can happily disappoint the kids and tell them the world has spoken - How many times can I get to say that? HAHAHAHA - that was my feeble attempt at an evil laugh.

Voting closes next Sunday night at 8:30 pm at Australian EST. In the mean time I'll be wowing (or maybe not) with a few random crafts and maybe even a food post. otherwise known as organizing Christmas

Thanks for reading and please vote,

Mel xo

Linking up here



Photobucket
One More Time Events
The DIY Dreamer
Smart! School {House}

37 comments:

  1. i have to say the boys room personally, they were both very convincing lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww bless em! I vote for Elizabeth's room as I love girly makeovers! They both are well deserved though.

    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the boys room, i agree with them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Elizabeth l do love girly things too, and why wouldn't l after have 4 of them myself, but the boys room does look really drab. Sorry Mel for being blunt but l cant wait to see what you do with it. Conrats on getting them all too clean their rooms.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL don't be sorry, the boys said it themselves plus this room has really poor lighting. It's a terrible colour a few years back when we painted it we though yellow might brighten it up but I think only white is goig to help

      Delete
  5. Elizabeth clearly put a lot of effort into cleaning her room, sorry boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My vote is for Elizabeth's room. Leslie's comment helped in my decision.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm voting for Elizabeth too! Because she cleaned her room and made her bed!! Sorry boys...I feel for ya AND, I would have voted for ya..but you should've tidied up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to be no help at all- I think you should do a little at a time on both rooms! Say, a week or two on one, then the same on the other, and continue that way until done. Insert my evil laugh here... :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. id go the boys room, its plain and needs your magic touch

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going with the boys room - only cos I want to see what you can do. Sorry Elizabeth xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. By the way l love Elizabeths bed......so cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. The boys room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry Elizabeth ... the boys have my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do I get to vote twice since you linked up to Raising Imperfection? LOL! Oh and you are an evil genius. I must remember your tactics for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are an evil genius. I love how you worked this all to your advantage AND how you put yourself in a position to be free from having to pick who's room will be next. I vote Elizabeth's room, she did such a good job cleaning, I'd love to have her come here and clean my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Newest follower here! I found you through the Monday link up! Cute blog, I can’t wait to read more!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. vote for the boys room.. what will you do?

    ReplyDelete
  18. As the mom of 3 boys, I vote for the boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hard one! Elizabeth put so much time into cleaning her room!! However looking at the two I would have to go with the boys room. It needs a little love!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I vote for Elizabeth because she did such a nice job cleaning her room! Too cute!

    Visiting from Marvelous Mondays...thanks for sharing! I am one of this week's co-hosts, please take a look at MilwakeeKitchen.blogspot.com to learn more about my Milwaukee Kitchen! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  21. The boys got me with the "drab and lifeless" pitiful speech. Sorry to little Miss Bennett! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  22. I vote for Elizabeth, because she has clearly made an effort to clean and present her room

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do the boys' room first- you'll please 2/3 of the contestants in one fell swoop. Sometimes dividing and conquering is your best bet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i vote for elizabeth because her room is neat and tidy even her bed.
    form brooke

    ReplyDelete
  25. Based solely on cleanliness, your precious daughter wins. However, based on their little speeches, the boys' got my vote. Tough call, but if you told them the votes were based on how they prepared their rooms, Elizabeth is a clear winner.

    ReplyDelete
  26. i vote for elizabeth because she keeps everything neat and tidy

    (isabelle)

    ReplyDelete
  27. hi my name is Suliana and i vote for elizabeths room because it is the most rocking room i have ever seen
    (suliana)

    ReplyDelete
  28. heck yah elizabeths room is the bomb
    by reese
    P.Si love spongebob

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are the most. hilarious. EVER!!! Seriously! How old are your babes? 'Cause maybe they can secretly vote for themselves? eh? :)

    I can't vote-I'm so torn----'cause how can you put the meanness on moi?

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are a genius mom! I have to cast a vote for the boys because I think that bed has a lot of possibilities and boys need to learn at an early age how to decorate. Elizabeth appears to have this down pat!

    ReplyDelete
  31. the boys have an empty room, no pictures on the wallls no names written. im voting for the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  32. i vote for the boys

    ReplyDelete
  33. give the boys some lace and frills

    ReplyDelete
  34. Aunty Tamstarella31 October 2012 at 18:57

    Elizabeth's room next please!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. sorry elizabeth but i have to vote the boy's way... they gave up a room after all to share, so i think they deserve something special comin' their way :) won't be too long a wait elizabeth, your mum's a whizz with a glue gun :) suzie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...