Adsense



    

Saturday 19 January 2013

Scrap Busting SaturdayTablet Clutch






Morning everyone,

I have been playing around with my massive fabric scrap pile and made a little clutch for Elizabeth to hold her tablet and accessories.

I just sewed some patches together and made it in the style of a place mat clutch, my sewing is so bad I'm not about to give a tutorial, especially when doing patchwork, I'm sure my mother, who is an amazing quilter, would have a fit if she saw what I called patchwork.

My neighbour has a friend who is a fabric sales person and drops off the samples at the end of the season she dropped off enough to fill my 2 foot by 4 foot box almost to the top with scraps, slightly smaller than a fat quarter.

So I'm trying to do a little scrap busting, actually it's kind of fun and if I ruin it it hasn't cost me anything. So if you have any scrap busting projects leave me a link. I'm really trying to get my stash under control so I'm going to try and post a scrap buster each Saturday.

Diy Delight or disaster, well, apart from the button coming off on the first snap it's okay nothing special I'm hoping it will help with the sewing because I'd love to be able to make some cool stuff :)

Thanks for reading


Mel xo




Linking at some or all of these great parties

18 comments:

  1. I want the fabric fairy to come to my house!! Jealous. I think it looks good and what better way to practise your sewing than by making cute things for your kids! You got your points to match up really nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey that looks pretty :) lucky you to have - a neighbor - who has friend - who is a fabric sales person - who drops off samples - to fill up your 2x4foot box :)

    huggies***
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea for using up all those little scrappies. It's pretty! Can't wait to see what else you do. Sewing is my weak point. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love the fabrics that you have. What a lucky friend to get the fabric samples. :) Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fabric! Hey, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check out my post @ http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2013/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so pretty Mel! Love the combination of fabrics. Sewing is definitely not my strong suit, but every blue moon I give it a try... and then I come to my senses and give it up again. My sewing machine is ancient.
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, I love it! Patchwork intimidates me so I think you are a brave lady! I am trying to think if I have any scrap busting projects. Hmmm. I will let you know if I think of anything,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think its adorable Mel - I should make one for Gabe's tablet - boyish of course. But alas my sewing skills are not too flash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really cute! You know I hate to sew....but you do a pretty good job of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, Mel, you did a such great job sewing! Love the fabrics you used - LUCKY GIRL!!! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sewing skills look great to me, Mel. I'm impatient when it comes to sewing (or most things for that matter), so quilting is not something I do very much of. Your squares look perfectly matched up, which is more than I can say for my attempts! I do have a trick for more easily making those rows of squares- hmm, may have to write about it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, I am impressed. That looks great. I think you definitely could do a tutorial for that...use up some more scraps and whip another one up :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty and a perfect way to use up scraps! Love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this clutch Mel! What a great way to use up those scraps! Lucky you getting them all dropped off for you! Lovely fabric - and great patchwork!! :)

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is cute! I'm part of a challenge right now to use up my scraps.. great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, I'm a new follower! I wish I was creative as you so I can also create a clutch for my Coco (my tablet)!

    Follow back?

    xo,
    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What pretty fabric, I love it!
    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...