Adsense



    

Monday 21 January 2013

Shabby Chic Binder



Morning All,

So you might remember late last year I told you guys about my fave online craft store, Wholeport.com, and mentioned they had sent me a few things to try, well one of those items was this gorgeous pink rose heart appliqué Being the crappy sewer I am, I wasn't about to ruin it with my needlework and the kids are soon to be back at school, so I made this pretty little binder for Elizabeth.

Supplies:
Pink Rose Heart Applique available here $3.99 (bargain!)

Binder
Fabric
Trims, I also bought these from Wholeport but that was about 18 months a go and I'm not sure if they're still available and can't remember the names - (told you I was a long time customer pre blogging)
Spray glue
Hot glue/gun


Ignore the paint and modpodge I was working on something else at the same time

First up, cut the fabric to size then attach with the spray glue, don't go to tight or else it wont close. (learned the hard way!)


Then grab your trims and get a gluing


I added this to the spine of the binder, it's my favourite trim ever love it!


Then I added the gorgeous appliqué heart and outlined it with the lace trim


It still looked like it needed something else so I hot glued a little trim up the top and called her done.



DIY Delight or Disaster? How can anything this pink and pretty be a disaster? Elizabeth is going to have the prettiest binder in school, even if I do say so myself :)

So don't forget to check out Wholeport.com, awesome stuff at awesome prices, they cover just about all your craft needs and have the best customer service..seriously I have been in love with them for years!

I'm also not getting paid to say it, I did get the heart to sample, the other trims were purchased with my own $$$$

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo





22 comments:

  1. The heart appliqué is so cute, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they ship worldwide? The other girls are going to be begging their moms to make a binder as pretty as Elizabeth's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I would like something like that, but never seem to actual make a really nice binder :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh me like! Elizabeth will be much envied I'm sure :)

    Hugs, E xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it and all of it's pink beauty! I am really loving that trim on the back! Nice job Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are able to work on multiple craft projects at once...and finish one of them. That is impressive! I agree, Elizabeth is going to have the prettiest binder for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's neat that you got to work with a company you already love, and the binder came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! That heart applique is so perfectly girly! Sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks fantastic! great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are coming up with the cutest projects and this is certainly one of them!! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Shabby Chic border. Great Job. Look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful binder! Love the trim on the spine, and that pink heart--oo, la, la!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This heart is soooooooooo pretty
    I wish I could make it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so beautiful - what a lucky girl to carry such a binder. Love that pink rose heart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty Mel! The roses are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute!! I love the roses. Great job. Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Bouquet of Talent.

    XO
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a fabulous job Mel!!! LOVE IT!!

    Thanks so much for partying with me last week at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you share tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...