Adsense



    

Monday 9 September 2013

Button Name Charm Bracelet

Sometimes you plan crafts and sometimes they just smack you in the head and are begging to be done, this one literally started with a bang to the head!



So I have a little fabric store up the road from me that also sells a few craft items and whenever I am down the street without children, I like to wander around and poke at everything. Often times I don't buy,  I just love the assortment of things she has...I'm sure it doesn't annoy her having someone walk around and not buy...right?

Anyway I was poking up on the top shelf, higher than my head, when a plastic jar fell off and hit me. It was filled with alphabet buttons. As the fuzz cleared, I knew I wanted to make Elizabeth a bracelet with them, only one problem, no A.



I had some of these little alphabet beads so I thought I could come up with something so I gathered


  • A charm bracelet
  • Jump rings
  • Jewelry Tools


Then I began placing the letters on.


But what to do with the A? My sister gave me some of her old beading stuff and I found this loop thing (no idea what they're called, let me know if you know what they are)



Grabbed some seed beads and made it into a little charm



 Popped it onto the bracelet and called her done!



DIY Delight or Disaster? To be honest I'm on the fence, it's not bad but I'm still not happy with the A. According to my friendly fabric shop owner, they have been there so long that she doesn't even know where she got them and won't be getting anymore. Did Elizabeth like it? Of course, she's 11 any bling with her name on it is a winner in her book! But I'm not calling it either a delight or a disaster.

Any other suggestions on the A issue?

Also, HUGE news Mellywood's Mansion has been nominated in Voice Boks Top 50 Craft and DIY blogs, can't begin to tell you how excited I am and I would really appreciate it if you guys would do me a favor and vote here

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

18 comments:

  1. I like the a as it is. It's really cute, and I'm sure any girl would love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's cute and a very clever fix. And I already voted for you earlier this morning. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I like the bracelet - it is unique and a little quirky! I think you came up with a great replacement!

    Congrats on the nomination, already voted for you :)

    Hope you are all better now. Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you were very clever to come up with a solution to your problem, I would have seen my letter was missing and just given up. Plus, it's all kinds of blingy. Of course she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Mel! Pinned {of course!} and I have just voted for you - looking good in the 1st place right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your nominations. You deserve it. I love your name bracelet and how you thought outside of the box to fix not having the same kind of A. You should get hit on the head more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the bracelet is adorable. Having the A on the charm link makes it more unique. Big congrats on the nomination. How exciting! I just popped over and voted for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the offset A is the best part of the bracelet. It must be the conk on the head that makes you doubt it. lol This is a DIY delight! I already voted and have my fingers crossed for you. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mel that is so creative to change up the way you use the "a" completely because it's different. Love it! And..... congratulations!!! How cool, I just voted and ummmm, you are winning right now, woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mel I love the bracelet and I have to agree with everyone else. The other letters I purchased years ago (4+ years)and I think I found them in the button section of Spotlight. If they weren't there I got them from a scrapbooking shop. Congratulations on the nomination and I've already vote for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh, I like it. I already voted for you too, hoping you win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I say delight! It's so cute and if Elizabeth likes it then it has to be awesome :) Did you get your package yet?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would definitely call that a delight!! And if Elizabeth liked it, it was a success! Way to come up with an A Mel. Very very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a delight Mel!! Clever way to come up with the missing part!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's adorable, Mel. Congrats on the nomination- I'm headed over there now to vote for you! woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That’s so creative of you. You are really very resourceful. And I really love the idea that you made a loop for the letter A. It is so cute.
    Script-Craft.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...