Adsense



    

Thursday 19 September 2013

Craft Room Light

I really am very close to getting this room completed! I also have a lovely new light and I save $177 so I am pretty darn happy!



I was reading about hanging new light fixtures and how to save money doing it over at Miss Flibbertigibbet she has such a beautiful home and her lighting is amazing! Anyway, this black light is what I wanted for my craft room, but not at $199. Anyway after reading her post I decided to look around for some cheaper options.


I was going to make my one when I spotted this in Kmart for $15 but they didn't  have black.



So I grabbed some black paint and fabric medium, which I had on hand.


And painted that baby!


I bought a DIY pendant kit for $7 and there she is!


Couldn't have been any easier and I save $177 for a slightly smaller version of the light I wanted.



 DIY Delight or Disaster? Saved money and I have my little pendant light, delight!! What do you think?
Do yourself a favor and check out  Miss Flibbertigibbet  her home is what my house wants to be when it grows up....sadly it will probably only happen if another person moves in and does it!

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

20 comments:

  1. Love it Mel! Your light turned out fantastic. And you saved money... $177 is a huge savings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Da Daw!,, tricky Miss! You Rocked That Brillantly! Applause!!!! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK....YOU win the award for Good Student of the week!!! GREAT knockoff! Way to think out of the box my little Shelia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful, Mel! I love it in black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love it, Mel! Painting fabric is the way to go :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I love it. It looks so much better painted. I never, in a million years, would have considered that as an option. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really put on your thinking cap for this one, Mel! What a gem! I have a light similar to this over my dining room table and I won't begin to tell you how much it was. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lorraine makes magic with everything she touches. YOU, my friend, are quite the little apprentice!!!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a price that cannot be beat! Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lookin' real good, Mel!! How clever to paint one up to match wonderfully with your craft room decor. Love, love ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just tried paint and fabric medium last week and I know it will be my new obsession. I haven't dared to try it on a lampshade yet but your rockin' light has totally inspired me! DIY delight and I'm pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! How come I don't have a KMart!?!? I want that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mel! Just been catching up on your posts, (I've had a bit of a crazy week!), love this light and how great you saved such a lot of moola! Also love your die storage, such a pretty pin board you created. You craft room is coming together beautifully :)

    Hope you are well, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks fabulous, dahling! I'm somewhat amazed that you have KMarts- most are closed down around here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow wow wow Mel! It couldn't have been better. Well done (once again)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spectacular light Mel! I love that you got such a great deal and made it your own!! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mel this is gorgeous! I want one just like it for my bedroom! You're such a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so pretty, Mel! Wow...how badass are you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow that looks great. It definitely looks more expensive than 15 dollars. Thanks for the great tip. i found you on let's get real link up

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...