Adsense



    

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Craft Room Cork Board Die Storage

Sometimes, I do things that make me very happy, over the moon happy and this little baby does!


So I was talking with my friend Sheila over at Plum Doodles lamenting the fact I couldn't get any cheap cork boards and she said she got hers from thrift stores so I kept my eyes peeled and finally found one and I already had the frame.


I cut it to size, man was that a messy job, and spray painted the frame.

Covered the cork board in fabric


Then I bought these amazing things, I am so in love with them, I can not even begin to explain my love, they're called pin hooks. Anyone used these? They're basically a pin with a hook on the end and I have been using them everywhere! I bought the clear ones, but there are also colored ones so you can match them in. 

`
                                                         


Stuck them on my board and slipped my nesting dies onto the hooks.



DIY Delight or Disaster? Oh such a delight, truly in love with the board and so in love with the pin hooks!!!

Have you bought any handy little gadgets or things lately? 

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

21 comments:

  1. Thrift shops are amazing for recycle, reuse projects! You now have a beauty! And those hooks! Are a must have!!! Thank you! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got some frames, I'm going to do this Mel. Those hooks look fantastic. I'll have to keep my eye out.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I don't have any die to store but I could totally see this being really versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh neat! I don't have nested dies- but I like the concept and the pinhooks are very intriguing. The most gadgety thing I bought is a set of biscuit cutters... for biscuits.. lol all my drinking glasses are too big. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Nice. They hooks are seriously my favorite purchase of the moment they're so handy!

      Delete
  5. So cute and so useful! I love the hooks and think the fabric over it is just the cutest touch! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of those hooks, but I can see how they'll be very useful.

    I think the board is cute, and I vote 'delight.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! What a great organizing tool :) Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's a nesting die? Seriously. I have no clue...

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, I never would have thought of covering cork board with fabric!! It fits right in with your craft room design, Mel!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It fits in nicely with your theme - the red and the dots! I've been sitting with a brand new frame for a while and I might do something similar to yours. Great job, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not seen those pin hooks....what a great thing! OK....this is ANOTHER organizing post. I am beginning to think that you are a secretly organized person who just tries to fool us all into thinking you are a crazy Mum trying to keep everything juggled. You can't fool me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your corkboard and all of the stuff I think one could hold in my craft room! I too am enamored with those little hooks. I've never seen them before and now I think i can't live without them! (I'm like a kid!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love your theme you have going on in your craft room. So bright and colorful. Another great addition to your room. I couldn't even find a bare spot on my cork board to add these little gems but what a great find Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, Mel! I'm so glad you found a cork board, funny that they seem so scarce at your thrift stores. I usually see at least one in every thrift store I visit. I have been hoarding them for just such projects. I now neeed some of those pin hooks- never knew such a thing existed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the red frame with the polka dot fabric! This goes perfectly with you craft room colour scheme. I use the screw version of those hooks all the time, but I've never seen the pin ones. They would really come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those hooks are amazing. I've never seen them before. Now I am kind of obsessed with them. Thanks! The cork board looks great. The perfect addition to your craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute, cute!! Found you at the Weekend Wonders party!! =) Hope you have a great weekend!

    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute board Mel! I wouldn't have thought to cover a cork board in fabric - it looks GREAT! and I like the look of those pins - I haven't seen them before.

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...