Adsense



    

Thursday 12 September 2013

Disaster Luggage Tags

It's been a while since I posted a disaster, I guess that's a good thing but these ugh disaster!.



So  I thought I was being "super clever" and creating something "super cute!" when I came up with these luggage tags. Whenever the word cute comes out of my mouth I need to slap myself, it's just begging for a disaster!

I grabbed the big shot and cut some faux leather and some clear vinyl




First I ran the needle over the plastic leaving little holes in it, but I thought it's not too bad keep it going



When I tried putting it all together, the needle started catching thread was going every where, couldn't follow the curve to save my life. This is the point where I went, "damn it", cut my losses and tossed it out.



So instead of a "super cute" luggage tag, I wrote on Elizabeth's bag with a big black texta and then Samuel says, "Hey that's my bag!". So I was Mother of the Year that day....bleh!

Don't forget, you can link up any disasters each Friday at Freaking Awesome Fridays, where we celebrate the good, the bad and the downright sucky!!!

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

13 comments:

  1. I so laughed out loud that you put it on the wrong bag. That's funny stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha. We all have those. I seriously threw mine across the room this last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nightmare trying to sew a curve - I have long since given up! Praise the glue gun I say :) Aargh, writing on the wrong bag - been there, done that!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sewing is just plain scary to me so I would never even attempt sewing through faux leather. I give you five stars for effort even though you mixed up your family's names.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe! Mel, you have to go slow around the curvy parts and keep a border in mind so the stitching stays straight. I think the idea and what I see is awfully cute. When sewing fails it's time to get the glue out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel, you had me at the title, oh thanks for the laugh. But the tag does have potential, I really do think it's cute!! Might be just a material malfunction. Love it, and perhaps you will have another go at it ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you share your "disasters", Melly - I think that it had loads of potential (even if your stiching went awry). It's worth a second try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Double disaster ;-) Well, the idea is great ! Try again?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! So now you're saying Elizabeth has no heart?!?

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, nooo! I hate trying to sew curves. Maybe just use glue? Marking the wrong bag? Yikes! Hope your weekend is better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no Mel - it's such a pretty luggage tag though. I agree, how about glue?

    ReplyDelete
  12. At least you didn't sew your finger. That would be extra disaster. I still like it, and agree about using glue.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How funny. Mel, I adore your disasters. I can't believe in the end you wrote her name on Samuel's suitcase. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...