Adsense



    

Thursday 31 July 2014

Fence Painting With Water, Kids Activity - Summer Fun Series

Hey Guys,

Today I am teaming up with the always lovely Emily from Nap-Time Creations as part of her Summer Series, even though it's wet, windy and the middle of Winter here, I can pretend I'm sipping ice cold wine in the Sunshine.

Fence Painting, when my older kids were little this was one of their favourite activities.





All you need is an old paint thingy and roller and some water.



It's very hard work getting those fences painted.


Especially when the paint keeps disappearing, I'm going to confess since it is Winter we didn't use the water, the sun is warm but the wind can be quite chilly, so for some odd reason, according to my kids, the paint wasn't working. I told them to try harder...maybe that was mean.


See the look of pure concentration, she was very dedicated to her task. This literally kept them amused for hours and add the water in Summer and they LOVE it.



Don't forget to check out the other AWESOME ideas the other ladies have put together, already I am planning on some of that yard yahtzee for our Summer.

Summer Fun 9
Yard Yahtzee @ Nap-Time Creations
Fence Painting @ Mellywoods Mansion
Flip Flop Wreath @ CSI Project
Snickers Creamy Dessert @ Believe Inspire

If you haven't seen the series, check out these ideas as well.
summerfun part 8
Chocolate Dipped Mickey Treats from Forty Eighteen- yum!
My Overstuffed Life is sharing How to Host a Summer Book Club for Kids- FUN!
And last be sure to check out this delicious Banana Strawberry Cream Pie at I Dig Pinterest.

Head over to Nap-Time Creations to see lots of other ideas for Summer Fun, oh Summer how I long for you...well at least until the temp reaches 45C (115F) then I will be begging for Winter again, oh well.


Thanks for reading, 


Mel xo



13 comments:

  1. They had fun that's for sure ! {and all that really counts!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this idea!! I've also given my kids paint brushes and water and had them paint the cement driveway ;o) Endless and hours of fun... pinning!!! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son used to do this for HOURS--painting the garage floor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the outfit M is wearing in "winter". :) I loved painting the sidewalks as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... to be a kid again! They are so adorable Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I wish I could wear a summer dress and not freeze come our winter :). Madeleine looks so adorable and Max looks so serious. What a fun and easy way to keep them entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mel that is a brilliant idea! Wish I had thought of it when Will was little! He spent a lot of time hammering nails in boards though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you call it a cold day and it's still sundress weather. LOL I remember letting my kids paint a shed wall with water.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL that is too fun! I love how she was so into it!

    The yard Yahtzee sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, Mel, what fun! I could see kids wanting to paint the fence, the sidewalk, the garage door, the siding...they'd be cleaning for you at the same time (kinda). We've been having a few colder days this summer, and from the looks of it, I think your winter weather is warmer than the colder summer days we're having, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're a trip! I bet they wore themselves out. Now why can't I ever think of simple things like that to do. I'm not sure if they could be psyched out to paint like that nowadays! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhh, Mel, I'm going to add soap and water and have them clean the front of the house, bwuahahahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a fun activity for preschoolers. I also agree that I'm going to add soap to the water and have them "paint" my entire host, both in and out.

    Mommy Crusader
    MommyCrusader.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...