Adsense



    

Thursday 30 August 2012

Horsing Around

Hello Everyone!

A clothes horse holder





If you're a new reader, welcome to the crazy train that is my mansion  a quick joke for you.

A horse walks into a bar and the bartender says "Why the long face?"

Yep it's a Dad joke. Not sure if Dad jokes are international, but basically any short, quick, mostly unfunny but clean joke is what we call a Dad joke. However in house it was always a Grandpa joke, because my Grandpa ALWAYS had a stupid joke for us followed by a goofy grin, when we would all groan at the punchline.

Anyway, no jokes,  this is quick and has turned out to be very useful.

Supplies

Fabric Scraps
A lump of wood - I used a scrap I found in the garage, size it to what you want
Hooks

I had scraps left over from cutting out the shapes on the ABIB, which already had heat and bond on the back, so I cut them into strips and ironed them straight onto the wood, but you could glue or mod podge them.



Grabbed two hook and screwed them in and drilled it into the wall



Again, apologies for the photos, the laundry sucks for photos almost as much as I do at editing them.



Honestly this was so quick and now I don't have the clatter of them banging around in there when I'm trying to do stuff, I'd got to the point where I was keeping them in the family room because they were annoying me so much in the laundry.

DIY Delight or Disaster? I'm not a huge fan of how the strips look, if I was going to do it again, I'd use one piece of fabric, but as a functioning organisational piece, it's brilliant and it cost me $2 to make! I'm marking this in the diary as a Delight!

See what I mean about keeping it all together


Oh and hey, if you're enjoying life here at that mansion, why not follow along on Google Friend Conect, or here on FaceBook

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

3 comments:

  1. Like the it gives it character and it's a delight as mine used to hang out on the back patio gathering spiders webs until l needed it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I kept tripping on mine or it would fall over during nap time waking the babies, and that is not on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I had no idea you could use iron on backing on wood! Good to know! You must have one cute laundry room by now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...