Adsense



    

Monday 20 August 2012

Welcome to Mellywood's Mansion.

It's nothing like Hollywood, that's for sure!

Don'y be fooled by the name, this is no mansion and glamour is not an accurate adjective to describe our home in it's present state.

Follow me, as I attempt to DIY my house. Gasp in awe when I put together a room, cry with me as the kids subsequently mess it up, cringe in horror when I break all the DIY rules, not in a trendsetting/good way or hammer a thumb, boo when I don't finish a project but above all else help me believe I can overcome the urge to procrastinate and all rise for a standing ovation when I finally get this house finished.

Melodramatic?  The less dramatized version of is as follows:

I've started this blog to share my experiences trying to fix up the family home, with little knowledge but a whole bag full of determination. I'm married with 5 kids and have only recently stopped working outside the home.

 I'm guilty of starting a DIY project around the house and not finishing it, this blog is my motivation to make sure I finish everything I start, so if I look like a need a kick in the pants to finish, please, be my guest!

Here's me in all my DIY glory



This is what I look like most days, scratching my head and kicking myself, wondering where the heck was I going with this anyway!

I hope you'll enjoy the ride.


All the best,

Mel








10 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to see it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Mel this looks informative and fun. It will be well utilized. Looking forward to joining you on your DIY journey,
    Sox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging! You have a great sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandy, it's a case of laugh about it or go insane!

      Delete
  4. Awesome! I love your blog and your intro! You are so fun! It's so cool to see a peek into you life. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I guess I've been stalking your home for a while :)

      Delete
  5. very entertaining....love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...