Adsense



    

Monday 27 August 2012

Mother Guilt? Game on!

Look what I made for my older boys!




Today I shipped my first born baby off to a foreign country. It actually hit me harder than I thought it would, I was feeling sick once he walked through the departure gate.


He on the other hand used my fears to guilt me into making him something.

If you happen to spend any significant time with younger teenage boys, you'll know that they really only have two things on their mind, Xbox and food. The latest must have game for my boys is Skyrim.


 A few weeks ago I made the babies and Elizabeth blankets and Samuel says to me, "So if you're not girly, little or cute, no one wants to make stuff for you." It was in the morning before school and my reply was along the lines of "Just get ready, we need to leave".

Then I got to thinking, the he's right, since the boys started high school, I rarely make them anything at all, and I have an attack of the mother guilts. 

Gauntlet thrown and I picked it up - like a boss! 

So today I was at the supermarket and as I was leaving they had these two water bottle at the register marked down. Thus the Skyrim water bottle was born!

Supplies:
Water Bottle
Vinyl
Cutting machine

I googled the Skyrim logo, and got the PDF here, if your interested in Skyrim you have to check out what they used the image to make it's AMAZING. Not telling what it is, you have to see it to believe it!

First I re sized and cut it on my machine, then transferred, how easy is that!

So when the boys got home from school, I asked them to close their eyes and hold out their hands, like I used to do with them when they were little, they obviously gave me the eye roll for being such a dork, and  I placed them in their hands.

When they opened their eyes, Samuel says "Oh wow that's mad", which I translated to, he liked it and I got an "awesome" from Jack. This is huge, apart from their ove of food and games, when they got to high school they forgot how to speak.
These days all they seem to do is mumble and it drives me CRAZY!






I truly hope they like them, because this is as close as they're getting to me paying for the actual Xbox game.

DIY Delight or Disaster?

A delight, simple, easy and cheap.

Are your kids (or husbands) gamers? Do you have a roster or rules associated with time limits or days they can play?

 Personally I find them annoying, but then I'm a Mum that's my job.

Thanks for reading, now I better get back to the laundry, you know I love to procrastinate.

Mel xo


11 comments:

  1. Those are very cool! Any guy would love one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea!! Those came out so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the drink bottle and can sympathise with how you feel about your boy going away. Mine is 12 and having his first ever surgery today.
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog too :)
    Cheers
    Karen
    Sugarbird

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mel...I went to reply back to your comment via my email. Did you know that you are a "no-reply" blogger? You will get a lot more comments if you change that in your settings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you have a Xbox loving son too. My son would play all day, if I let him. Now that school has started back, I allow him to play until 6pm- once his homework and chores are done. I'm not familiar with Skyrim. The last game he begged for was Minecraft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gahhh, don't do it, i lost my eldest for sometime to mine craft, highly addictive!

      Delete
  6. Great job. I've got a tween boy, and it is hard to make things for them that aren't too cute. This turned out way cool! I'm your newest follower. I hope you'll stop by Posed Perfection for a visit and maybe even a follow back. Have a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bottles!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Mel I remember this time well and I think you did a great job of breaking through the teenage boy communication fog!! Well done!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...