Adsense



    

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Funky Tween Bag

Hey all,

Well it's finally happened my little girl is growing up and she wants a "real' bag or purse depending on where you are.


however since I don't want to let my baby girl grow up too quickly I wanted her to have a bag that makes her feel grown up but to be young enough for her to still be my girl and this gorgeous fabric I was given to try from wholeport fits both our requirements. you can find it here.

I used the Convertible Clutch pattern from LBG Studio which I purchased as part of the Sew Fab promotion over at Sew Jereli.

But I also wanted to show you a trick I have for patterns when I am using fabric that can't be pinned.

I print my pattern and stick it together.


Then trace it onto the back of a piece of adhesive vinyl (or you could use contact paper)

Cut it out and stick it onto the vinyl. For this fabric I wanted to make sure I got the images of the girls in full.

It works great the fabric does't slip and I have the perfect pattern in one piece for next time, so no reprinting, just copy your darts and instructions onto it. It doesn't slip and I have never had any issues with sticky residue however I would suggest that you test it if you're concerned.


I used a pretty polka dot for the lining and the handle


DIY Delight or Disaster? Elizabeth loved the print and I plan on making her a few more accessories with the left over fabric. It's perfect for a young girl on the go. Being waterproof it wipes clean and it's grown up enough for her to feel like a lady but young enough for me not to cry that my baby is no longer a baby....Delight!

Don't forget to check out the rest of Wholeports fabric range here

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

25 comments:

  1. Love the fabric! Indeed very funky ;-) Cheri's tween years had gone past so quickly, I can't remember what she was into then !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool, Mel! What a DELIGHT! Your sewing talent never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fun print for a tween! This is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and I like the fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric my sweet friend. YOU are a creative spirit. LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bag. I bought the pattern bundle too (through Toni) and can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so mod, love that fabric, love that bag, TOO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Tote...I bet your girl just loves It! Now she can a matching bag when ever she needs! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a brilliant tip with the contact paper. I never would have thought of that. The fabric is adorable, especially paired with the polka dots. You did a beautiful job...and no matter how old she gets, she'll always be your baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one sassy, funky cool bag! I love it! Too darn cute!!! Every girl needs a fab clutch! Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely a delight Mel! Love your tip too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sucess!!! Looks great & love the fabric!
    Great tip too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tip using the contact paper Mel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey...that bag makes ME feel grown up!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  15. My ten year old constantly wants me to make crafts with her. She's going to love this! Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute, love that fabric! What's the deal with little girls wanting to be big. I do enjoy when my 7 year old fills up an old purse with all the "essentials" of a grown up. An old cell phone, crayons and a pad of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stopping by from the Daily Blog Boost to say Hey! This little bag is so cute and I know of at least one niece that will be getting one for Christmas. Thanks for sharing. <3 Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! Coming over from The Daily Blog Boost. Thank you for sharing!

    Emily @ Love, Pasta and a Tool Belt

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the shape of the bag and the print on the fabric!!! Great tip for fabric placement. I must try that when I'm cutting small circles for things like covered buttons... I always get them off centre.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My granddaughters would go nuts over this bag!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love Mel!!!! I wish I could sew like this! I need a bag just like this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great tip Mel! I use oil cloth a lot so it would be perfect for that! The bag looks great, I bet Elizabeth loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute! Thanks for sharing great tutorial!
    Enjoy your day!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is super cute! Great Job, Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute bag! I love that fun fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...