Adsense



    

Friday 31 January 2014

So You Broke Your New Years Resolutions, Now What?

Feb Fast, That's What!

Okay so I have to admit I am not a maker of resolutions because I think that on the whole you make (and by you I mean me) make all sorts of ridiculous goals and by Jan 3rd I'm back to doing what I do and feeling like a complete failure!

Have you guys heard of Feb Fast? Basically the idea is that, they say it takes 28 days to form a habit and Feb of course is 28 days also being the shortest month you can kid yourself that it's not going to be that bad.



In all honesty I wasn't completely happy with the things I did in 2013, I blogged a lot but I only did one room. Not only that but we ate a lot of takeaway while I wasted too much time on-line and so we've decided that we are going to partake in Feb Fast.



Our 28 day goals are as follows:

1. Give up Coke Zero, we are not coffee drinkers, in fact the only time you will find a little jar of the instant stuff is if we know we are entertaining coffee drinker, but Coke Zero is our major caffeine fix. This will be the hardest one for both of us.

2. No take away food, I finally got my oven replaced so there is no excuse, we are experiencing a ridiculously hot Summer over here but how hard is it to throw a few steaks on the barbie and make a side salad when it's too hot to cook inside the house.

3. No alcohol, yes bye bye wine for 28 days and beer for Jule's. It's not like I drink every day but in Summer I do have more than my usual Friday night bottle.

4. Buy nothing new. The new school year has just started and of course we've had holidays and Christmas which drains the savings and leaves us a little stretched, we've committed to not buying one single new thing for Feb Fast. If something breaks and we can't fix it for free then it will just have to wait. The idea behind this is we know that I tend to buy the odd cheeky craft supply when I'm out or Jule's likes to wander the games stores or the hardware stores and all those little things add up. So in getting our budget back on track we are concentrating on one month of stopping mindless spending.

5. Limit on-line time to a total of 2 hours per day, This is huge for me all those "quick" Facebook checks and Pinterest pit stops add up!

So it will be a bit of a challenge and I will report back once a week to track how we went.

Who wants to join me in Feb Fast? If you're joining then let me know what you're giving up or taking up it doesn't have to be negative it might be something positive committing to an exercise plan for 28 days, or something like that.

Come on we can do it!

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

14 comments:

  1. Oh what a brilliant idea! I'm giving this some thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mel, this sounds like a great way to get back on track. We just came off of a 21 day fast. It was very hard but it didn't kill us. We gave up caffiene, sugar and white flour... basically all junk food. My hubby lost 15 lbs, me-not so much but I felt so much better, more energy. Hopefully we can keep these things in moderation. Funny, I need to make myself get online everyday. I tend to go days without getting on and get so behind. Wish I could fast my way to being organized....

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Love this idea!! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! I am going to give this a whirl. I did a no spend September and it was interesting ...I've also banned myself from Michaels before I was buying too much craft stuff. It forced me to use stuff I already have in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great, Mel. I definitely need to spend less time online, and should give up coke as well. Don't know if it'll happen, though. :\

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to you!! I'll be cheering over here for each and every goal to be met. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't even try ... love my +/- 18 hours online, take away is a must for when I have a mood swing and taking away my Coca-Cola is just a no-no ! You are brave and will make it easily ;-) Good luck and I'll be tracking your weekly reports !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't do new year's resolutions, but I did regroup around the holidays, and it has been successful, thus far. Less stress, healthier food choices, prioritizing, and so on. I look forward to following along on your journey, it will keep me inspired, as well. Here's to February and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! I can't say I'm not buying anything because I blew that on craft supplies today. I'm doing a new workout plan all of Feb! Gotta do it and stay strong! Hold me to it! Teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I am really impressed. I love all your February goals. I hope you'll keep us posted throughout the month...just a quick update to let us know how you are doing. Best of luck. I know you can do it. The hardest for me would be not buying anything...I wouldn't say I buy a lot but I often frequent thrift stores and find it hard to resist a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck Mel! I love your goal to not eat out. That would be my downfall. I refuse to cook on Fridays. I could just make the husband grill...in -5 weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck Mel - I don't think I could accomplish even one of those for a whole 28 days !!!
    And Danni makes me laugh - she's seriously considering it ?
    BWAAHHHH
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to hear all about this February Fast - it sounds like you're going to be nipping quite a few habits in the bud! It's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh great. Now I have guilt. And I'm 5 days into February already so I'm behind. Does it work if I do it for 23 days? :)

    xoxo
    -andi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...