Adsense



    

Friday 28 February 2014

The One Where We Dealt With Our Ageing Issues!


Hey Guys,

If you've been a long time reader of Mellywood's Mansion you will know that I don't do perfect parties see here and the children are horrified! So this year, instead of stress out in horribly hot weather, we didn't even do a party, it was just family.

This was last year! Madeleine has had issues ageing.




However my baby girl just turned four and for the first time in her life, she happily blew out the candle, without being followed by half an hour of tears.

Here is the store bought cake which I tried to do that trick where you put a cookie cutter and use sprinkles to make a shape...yeah it didn't work great for me, that was supposed to be a crown.



She got a scooter which she thought was the best thing ever and a doll that she promptly threw aside.

Also it's now a month later and I have finally taken the cake picture off my camera.

Four, it's a great age. With it comes the attitude that says "whatever world, bring it on"



 Happy Birthday to my Princess Madeleine, I love you even more than I suck at planning birthday parties...and that's a lot!


Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

14 comments:

  1. The caption you added "whatever world ..." really seems what she is thinking ! Happy {belated} Birthday, pretty girl ! {FYI - I always booked a kiddies restaurant and had them sort everything out - and sit with the mess afterwards !}

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny.. I do remember how she cried last year. Glad this year was much easier for her. My kids have not had a problem getting older before now. My oldest will be an "adult" on her next birthday, and I think she is a bit freaked out about that. I can't say that I blame her, it is much easier being a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute! I'm glad she was much happier this year! It must have been the cake that made her smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at the aging issues comment, awww. lol It's hard not to laugh, though I know I shouldn't. But look at her now, she's a candle blowing expert this year!! Happy Birthday to your big girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday little Princess! My middle boy will be 4 in April, he really wants to go to 'Thomasland' So no party for him, just a special day out and cake with the family - much easier :)

    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madeleine is so beautiful! That first picture still cracks me up! I love the last picture! Totally ready for the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She does look like she has a little 'tude, good for her!!! We can all use one. She so cute, happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is such a doll!!! Hope she had a wonderful birthday and by the looks of the photo, she did! BTW, I am craving cake now....chocolate cake! I really want a piece! I would say just a small piece for me but that would be a lie. I want a really big piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your sweet Madeleine. 4 is fabulous and so is she..just like her mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to Madeleine! I never did much as far as birthday parties went- so glad there were no blogs back in the dark ages- I would have never survived the pressure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha ha, so funny! I love kid melt down photos ;o) Happy Birthday!!! EMily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy (late) Birthday to Madeleine! What a cutie! My youngest is 9... I miss 4!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! I love that picture on the slide, but not as much as the first one! Happy belated Madeleine!!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor little thing. I'm so glad that candles didn't bring her to tears this time! Love your crown and I'm so glad you didn't stress yourself out. I love low key parties.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...