Adsense



    

Thursday 8 May 2014

Vinyl Chair Makeover With Chalk Paint

Hey Guys,

Remember those two infected snot coloured chairs I got for $2 a piece? Well they've had quite the makeover!


I was worried about how painting would go but I figured if iut was bad I could always make a slip cover. The paint felt quite hard once it was painted but it was amazing what the wax did. It really softened it up.


By the way is it just me or is applying wax kind of romantic?? I don't know what the best method is meant to be but I have found the best way for me is to apply it with my hands and really massage it into the paint. Jules took one look at me applying wax and said "I suddenly want to be a chair".



DIY Delight or Disaster? Romance aside I would so do this again. The chairs look amazing and everyone who sits in them is like, $2?? No Way! Oh yes way my friends, yes way. Also I am loving the fact that I kept the wooden legs, total delight!

Any crafts get you thinking of romance??

Mel xo

13 comments:

  1. Delight! I just finished chalk painting a chair....I haven't waxed it yet. That will be tonight or tomorrow. I'm anxious to see how much it softens up! I love that Jules wanted to be a chair. =D

    xoxo
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Mel :-) And you can never go wrong with white !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome transformation Mel! The white is so fresh and fabulous. I'll definitely be trying this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Vinyl chalk paints nicely. I love the white! Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never realized painting a chair could be a precursor to marital relations. I obviously need to expand my horizons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the chair looks amazing! I really should rethink my crafting mindset. Or maybe not. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL at your husband's interest in your project. :) It's a delight. Great makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exotic waxing by Mel! LOL! They look awesome and good to know you can chalk paint and wax vinyl chairs! $2? total score!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Mel! You are so funny. The chair looks amazing. I love that you massaged them :). I'm interested to hear how they hold up for you. You'll have to give us an update. They certainly do look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of apply wax to furniture with your hands, never even considered it, but now that you mention it, I'll bet you get the best results out of any tool. OMG I better be careful when choosing my words. Your revamped chair looks so fresh and crisp, love that you left the legs natural wood tone. I'd love to come over and sit for a while, it looks really comfy. They don't make them like that anymore ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go Mel....It looks awesome. I guess you'll be busy tonight....hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love 'em! I've never liked the waxing process but you've made me see it in a whole new light. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do make me smile! LOVE how the chairs turned out, great job Mel! Really need to have a go of chalk paint, next on my to-try list :)

    Have a great day, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...