Adsense



    

Thursday 22 May 2014

Toddler Fabric Bowling Set


Howdy Guys,

So I am not sure what has been at me this year but I have been in a real crafty slump. For Months now and there have been times when I have made things and totally forgotten to take any pictures or couldn't be bothered and so I haven't blogged them. Then I realised I hadn't used my sewing machine in SIX months. Enter my lovely friend Jane from Lil Pip Creations and her sewing challenge

Lil Pip Designs


I had actually pinned this pattern months and months ago and decided it was a great way to get back into it and make something that I have been wanting to do, so I bought the pattern on etsy.

Then I hunted around Mum's FQ stash, OMG I have never seen that many fat quarters in one place. I actually had a set here but decided it was too nice to waste on kids toys. I found these ones and Mum was happy to part with them for the kids so off I went.


The pattern was quite easy and a great way to get my sewing on after such a long time. The kids absolutely adored them. They've been sleeping with them, seriously love them that much. Not to mention having older brother who showed them how to really knock them down. I cringe at the thought of them playing bowls anywhere else.



Thanks for the challenge Jane, and by the way if you're into sewing for kids go and check out Jane's blog she has lovely things over there. If kids stuff is not your thing she has some lovely ladies accessories coming up for the next two monthly challenges. They're for beginners so if you're new to sewing have a try.

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

18 comments:

  1. YOU. ARE. AMAZING.
    How pretty - this would make such a beautiful gift ( I can't even sew a hem properly - but if I could ................. )
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. I might have to really think hard about making these. They are perfect for summer break. Like I need another project. :) Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha... love the fact that the kids are sleeping with them!!! Makes them a definite win. I was tempted when I saw Jane's post, but time just doesn't permit at the moment. Definitely want to make a set one day, though. Yours look great!!! And well done for dusting off the sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely a cute set to make!! It's better looking than the pricey ones you get in stores too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a fantastic toy! I love all the bright colors you chose for this project Mel! You know you've created a delight when the kids are taking them to bed! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, those are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're like bowling pin dollies, that's so cute. You probably feel a little like our ancestors did when someone gave them sliced bread, lol. It sounds like the little ones are enjoyiny them full force, and what could be more delightful then that? Really nice choice on the fq fabrics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so adorable Mel! Love all the patterns and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! Mel you did a great job on these and I think any kids would love them! You know I'm never going to sew right? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this is a cool idea! House friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! I want a set!!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are brilliant, the fabric is gorgeous, no wonder the kids love them so much.
    It's funny how you can go through phases with making things. I definitely have times when the sewing machine doesn't come out for months, then I have a real blitz and do lots, then away it goes again. You can't do it all, no matter how much pinterest makes us want to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great project to come out of your crafter slump with. Love them. I am sure the kids are having fun with it. The fabric is great, so happy and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is such a cute idea! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams , starts on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that looks SO fun! my boys would love this! thanks for linking up to Create Link Inspire. Pinned! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the fabrics you've used, I'm not surprised the kids love them

    ReplyDelete
  17. That fabric is just fabulous! They look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...