Adsense



    

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Hoop Wall art

Morning All,

Elizabeth had been pinning her little heart out prior to me starting on her room. One thing that she pinned a gazillion times was Hoop Art displays. Sadly this one didn't have a link, if you know where it has come from please let me know so I can credit the photo. She loved this one she pinned it 4 times. She told me she wanted it but in green.





I have been hunting down all the thrift shops for embroidery hoops, I came up with 5 but we have decided that we will call it a work in progress and add to it as we continue to find them.



She loves her new pretty space above the desk. I think it's a little lacking, my nearest craft store is 1/2 an hour away and it's not an area I go to often so I think I will pick up a few more if I can't find any on my next few thrifting trips, but I hate paying 10 times the price for new. Plus these take no time to put together perfect wall art. All the fabric came from my stash I think the whole thing cost me $4


DIY Delight or disaster? I am still calling ita delight. Even though I think we need to add more to it, the look on her face when she came home to find it up in her room was priceless, that alone made it a delight.

Thanks for reading

Mel xo

23 comments:

  1. Mel! This looks so good! I don't think it's lacking ... but I know in person it might feel different. I love it! Your daughters room is really looking beautiful! Happy Hump Day Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love this Mel, bet Elizabeth is so pleased with how her room is coming together! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her study corner ! The hoops you have there looks like enough and the fabric is beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much. I love that you were able to execute something she really, really wanted. I love the fabrics you used and I love how it all looks together. Brilliant job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really good. It's not fair that you can never find what you want when you go to the shops. I'm sure that over time she'll get more excited with each hoop you add. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it and it will be fun to hunt for hoops and keep adding to it over time. Great job!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely a delight indeed. That is awesome you found them at the thrift shop too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks fabulous Mel! And I think it's great that you'll continue to add to it. It'll be more special that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally cute! I am just loving that desk and it's pumpkin pulls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your creations are so Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it Mel! I wish pinterest were around when my kids were little! It's like shopping without having to go anywhere. Your hoops are a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it! I love the clear chair. that is awesome. doesn't take away from the roll top desk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks really great Mel! Love the combination of the patterns you used.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH Mel - looking fabulous !
    That green is perfect -and that desk?
    OMG - it's gorgeous - ( love the ghost chair too !!! )
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you're tailoring her room to what she likes. It's going to make it all that more more special when it's all said and done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, definitely a delight! They go great with the doors...I like your idea of adding as you go. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhh so pretty Mel. It looks fantastic and I have to say I love the chair that you have paired with the desk. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The hoops are so pretty with the doors, and I love that chair! If you lived a few thousand miles closer, I would give you some hoops. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cute, perfect wall art!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  20. This reminds me of my mom. I love it, what a great pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a great idea, Mel. I've been meaning to make some for ages. I would never have thought to look in an Op Shop for embroidery hoops. I'll keep my eyes open.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Elizabeth has great taste in wall decor. I think it looks perfect as is and you have matched that green color perfectly, it's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. the best part of this is that you surprised her. :) I'm sure she was so excited to see this up on her wall. Very cute. Now I want hoop art in my sewing room. Better start hounding the thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...