Adsense



    

Thursday 18 September 2014

Tween Girl Cottage Style Room - Elizabeth's Room Reveal

Woohoo, I finally finished! Actually in the grand scheme of things this room went pretty quickly.

The befores:






The afters:

I love that light fitting, it was the most expensive part of the makeover at $80 but it was just way too pretty and I wanted her to have something that made her smile the minute she turned on her light.





The bedding was her birthday gift from my Mum and Dad. She has two other pillows, do you think I could find them anywhere. I can only take pictures on a Thursday, otherwise I have two photo bombers in every shot.

The Hoop Art Wall, to me this is just so pretty, I love that it's where she sits to write in her diary. Another splurge was the ghost chair $50 but it just worked better than anything I already had. I actually bought it for myself but I liked it in there even more, so I let her have it. I should add at this point I have wanted one for 20 years, but she was thrilled that kind of makes it worthwhile...all right I really want that chair I went to get another and they were sold out, no more coming in. Can't take it back now!


Instead of a lamp she really wanted to have a water carafe and her tea cup, also from my Mum. I thrifted the tray and the jug. The glass came free with some craft beer Jules bought. She feels very grown up with it. Isn't it funny what makes them feel like they've grown up.


There it is my baby has gone from pinks to pretty grown up green and she loves it.


DIY Delight or disaster? I just love that it is so much brighter and that I was able to give her the room of her dreams without spending a fortune. Obviously I splurged on the light and stool, and I didn't have to pay for the bedding but the rest was all done well on the cheap, room makeover coming in at around $220 which really isn't bad. Delight. Actually as I type this I realise I didn't take photos of the dresser but really it's in the same place and other than the wall behind it painted white and a tidy up it's the same as the before.

Sadly no Grandfather clock, but she's quite thrilled anyway.


Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

19 comments:

  1. It really does have a more grown up, sophisticated look. It is so pretty!! I think it is so nice that you really let her make some of the choices, like the tea cup and water carafe rather than lamp next to her bed. Absolute delight, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is now a real tween girl room ! Mel, I love how you pulled everything together with the greens you used :-) Cheri couldn't really care how/what I change in her room {although she always love it}, - think it is because the room at home is now more her "weekend room" I LOVE the light you installed !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful and calming room. It looks like a great space for a tween to relax and enjoy their space. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful Mel! I noticed our girls have a lot in common. Love all the details! And you stayed within a budget! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, it turned out great. I like the ghost chair too. I've never seen one in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done a great job, Mel. Well done on spending so little. I've never seen or even heard of a ghost chair before. I would have spent the money on the light fixture... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love it! The light fixture and ghost chair are awesome! I love the soothing greens...so pretty. I think you did a fantastic job and I am sure she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks just lovely Mel. What an amazing mum you are to give up your ghost chair after wanting one for so many years. I'm sure Elizabeth appreciates it, and she'll remember this special room for her whole life. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a good job, MOM! It looks all glam and sophisticated now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That turned out beautiful. I love the thoughtful addition of greens. It makes the white look so clean and bright. There are so many frilly, pretty touches. You did an amazing job...and I am sure you already know that every time you see Elizabeth smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so lovely. The tea cup, the floral bedding, and that gorgeous hoop art.... I just adore it. It makes me think of little girl who likes things to be nice - and will be careful with these pretty things.

    Also, what a sweet mama you are to give up your ghost chair. I don't know if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I really loved this post - not only for the fabulous room reveal, but the underlying emotion of your baby girl growing up. You are very generous giving up your ghost chair! There is a cafe we go to for breakfast that has these chairs at all of the tables - LOVE them!

    Well done mummy, great job on a beautiful room. Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO cute! I love the embroidery hoop art on the wall and the new light! What a lucky lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It turned out perfect! You did an amazing job on the room Mel! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a great job, Mel. Her room is beautiful. My sister and I shared a room with the washer and dryer, so this would have been heaven. By the way, Amazon has a grandfather clock wall decal.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything turned out fantastic! She must love it. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty. Perfect for a lovely young woman. As for the grandfather clock...there's always Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I so thought you'd throw in a grandfather clock ... lol

    LOVE it, so beautiful and perfect for a growing girl. LOVE the tea cup.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...