Adsense



    

Wednesday 28 November 2012

A Kindle Advent - A Readers Dream!




Hey all,

Welcome back!



Day 4 is all about Jack but can easily be adapted to any reader - The Kindle Advent.

This one is actually the one I love most, only because Jack is the hardest kid to buy for.

As an avid reader I wanted to give him the one thing he would want more than anything, a book a day, and thanks to Amazon and their freebies I only paid for a couple and they were less than a dollar. 

Want to make one for the reader in your life?

Supplies:

MDF Board
Black Paint
Paper
Circle punch
Vinyl - if you don't have a cutter you could paint this

Paint the board black, the pictures are not great the house was dark yesterday due to a freaky thunderstorm.


Cut (or paint) your screen, originally I was going to have Merry Christmas Jack running like sentences in a book, but then realized the weeding would take me forever.





Jump on Amazon and choose your books, I printed them on to 2 inch circles


 Then punched them out and also punched out grey ones to make the kindle buttons


 Stuck them together, placed them on the board and she was done. Each night I will have the books delivered to his kindle.  Again, sorry about the pictures.



Thanks for coming to see another installment of



If you missed them we have:

      Tween girl jewelry advent                    15 min baby advent                 Toddler Advent



Thanks for reading,

Mel xo


Linking here



Vintage On A DimeLife on Lakeshore Drive
PhotobucketBecoming Martha
Sumo's Sweet Stuff Keeping It Simple

12 comments:

  1. You are a genius girl!! This is the perfect advent for a reader! You have put a lot of thought into your advents (not to mention work!) and it really shows!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool!

    I love the free section on Kindle as well. Keeps me in books forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a genius and I really need to start working on your advent queen crown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! Yeah, I can imagine how running like sentences in a book would be...painful. Either way, it is an awesome advent calendar that anyone would be lucky to have, and so creative too (bonus!) While I love paper books, Kindles are also super convenient. Plus one-paper-book-a-day would be non eco friendly and also something that would lead to a disastrously messy room... books would be everywhere! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is so creative . You are genius!!! I love love these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever! Can't wait to see what you come up with next :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous idea and really well thought out! These calendars are total DIY delight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is my favorite- I love my kindle and wouldn't mind having one of these for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My gosh you have been busy! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super SWEET! Pinned:) Following your blog now. Follow me too. I posted http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2012/11/reversible-holiday-note-board.html to Vintage on a Dime:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are one talented lady!! I love it!! That is an awesome idea. Thank you so much for sharing at It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas party! We are so thrilled to have you join in the fun!!

    HUGS
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea for an Advent Calendar!! I love it!!

    Thanks for partying with us @ Keep Calm & Link Up! Have an awesome week :)
    xo, Meredith @ www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...