Adsense



    

Thursday 22 November 2012

A Nightmare Before Christmas!

Hi All,

You know things have been going pretty well craft/decor wise lately. I was beginning to think that maybe I'd turned the corner and things were looking up, then I saw red, literally!

It all began when everyone was posting their Halloween stuff. Now for those who don't know, Halloween is not really celebrated here in the Southern Hemisphere, however there was a cute little tile, which you can visit here, made by my friend Danni over at Silo Hill Farm and I knew from the second I saw it, I wanted a Christmas one.


So I chose the pictures I wanted, the adorable woman shopping was found over at The Graphics Fairy and I cut her out on my cutter. Weeding all the little details in her hair and the wreath was painstakingly long, but totally worth it.





Then I made the tiles into a hanger and popped them on the wall. Now I have to say they just didn't look right. So I thought okay what's wrong with it, Danni's is so vibrant and mine just looked dull, so I had the brilliant idea to spray paint the tiles to add color enter me seeing red.



What is more Christmassy than red and white, plus I knew Julian and the boys would be over the moon not to have another "Pink" Christmas, so I sprayed and left them in the garage.

I came back and they were so glossy and shiny I was so excited, then disaster struck.



As I pulled off the vinyl the spray paint started coming off and as I'm so gently pulling big chunks of paint are coming off the tile. Seriously folks, when that lady came apart I could have cried. She took so long to weed oh I was devastated! Then there was the "shopping days till Christmas" Look at those P's




The only way I can salvage this is to get some paint stripper and start again - Next Christmas!

DIY Delight or Disaster? Disaster! Moral of the story, tiles have to be primed, lesson learned, the hard way.

But if you want to see a truly awesome Christmas project go and see Danni's latest creation, gorgeous!


Thanks for reading


Mel xo


Linking up here



Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Bummer! Don't ya hate it when that happens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious. I have had plenty of projects I couldn't just let be...and like you, ended in disaster. It really was super cute. And, what a lovely post about Danni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we all have projects like this, I know I have had them before and will again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh NO!!!!!! Not the peeling paint disaster!!! I hate that - then I really do cry lol. Sorry hunni - it was cute tho xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have to call that one a disaster. So sorry such a cute idea didn't work our for you! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, no! I'm so sorry it didn't work! I'm glad you posted your disaster, though- I have some tiles I was thinking of painting- I may have to rethink what I'll do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang! I hate craft & recipe Fails! I had a fail this week while attempting non-alcoholic holiday beverage options. I used to be quite the bartender back in my hard partying days. Apparently I need to be a little sauced to become an inspired mixologist. But, no Halloween?! Besides Christmas what are the big holidays in your neck of the woods?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...