Adsense



    

Thursday 29 November 2012

The Movie Lovers Advent

Hi All,

I'm so so late with this post! Here is day 5 of Advent week introducing The Movie Lovers Advent



There are no pictures of this but essentially it's the same as the kindle advent.

Supplies

  • Board
  • Paint
  • Vinyl
  • Popcorn boxes
  • Lollies



Steps


  1. Paint the board
  2. Cut vinyl, I found a free movie ticket style frame on the Make the Cut software
  3. Then i added the popcorn boxes and filled them with 11 redskins in each box


There will be a surprise come the first, I'm placing a movie ticket in each box.

If you're wondering why I have been so slack with this post, it's currently 100f/38c degrees outside and the study is even hotter!

I am sweating bucket loads in here! The popcorn boxes are made from card and turned out to be too heavy for the advent so they are resting against the board on the shelf.

DIY Delight or Disaster? Oh it's okay, the weather really did put a crimp in my motivation, on the other hand, have you ever meet a kid that will be disappointed with lollies and movie tickets? I think we'll be just fine!

Other (better advents so far)




        A Kindle Advent
  


I'm off to see if I can crawl in the fridge  - Thanks for reading the ramblings of a heat induced, insane woman

I'm sure Advent week will be a little more awesome tomorrow, a break in the weather is coming!



Mel xo

Linking here KitchenFun Photobucket
mop it up mondays

9 comments:

  1. Another delight!! I want this one for myself!! Movie tickets...awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 degrees?! It's 30 degrees here this morning, though it will warm up nicely later on. I love the movie theme- another great idea. I love that you're personalizing advent calendars for each person. I don't know what redskins are, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 100 degrees?! It's 22 degrees here :) Great idea and it looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is so funny. I can tell you just wanted to write it and have it be done. I think that it's adorable...really. I love that it looks like a movie ticket and that you'll be giving a ticket as the advent gift. AND, I love that you have the other (better...ha!) advent calendars listed below...hopefully they will continue to get lots of love because they are all brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea it looks wondefull!!!! Your post is so funny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, 100 degree is crazy! It was 19 this morning and topping out in the 40s here today.
    Love the calendar idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, it got to 41degC which is 105.8degF where Mel lives cos we live just around the corner. Hottest November day on record! Surprised you did the Advent thingy in the heat...should have gone to the nice, cool, air conditioned movies instead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Mel I am jealous of your weather... wish it would get warmer here, cos everyone's coming down with colds! the school's probably practically out of tissues.

    Love the popcorn boxes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...