Adsense



    

Sunday 11 November 2012

Domestic Diva...Not Me!

Morning All,

We are having the most glorious weather here, warm, sunny and bluest of blue skies. So I thought it might be time to catch up on the always neglected laundry - I will admit, I hate laundry.

So as you know I painted the boys room on Thursday, being exhausted I left the paint brushes soaking in the laundry sink. Being incredibly smart, I told the kids do not touch the dish washer or the washing machine because I had taken the hoses out of the sink.

Fast forward to Saturday morning, I put on my first load, shut the door so the babies wouldn't go in there, (they're fascinated by the washing machine) then I heard a strange noise.

This was what I was greeted with!



It's great how the water swept out some rubbish stuck under the machine, big help!
Let's just say, my reaction has expanded Madeleine's vocabulary in the most "delightful" way.

I think we can safely say that this was a diy disaster, on the plus side the floor has never been so clean!


Got any "domestic disasters" you want to admit to?


Thanks for reading

Mel xo








9 comments:

  1. Oh Mel so very sorry!!! What a pain! I have way too many disasters to post here, but I can say that I've considered building a shrine to Neptune in my front yard because I had so many water disasters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! At least you were able to get the floors cleaned without having to do them yourselves. And, Madeline will forget her newly expanded vocabulary soon...Grace always does :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! We've had our share of leaks but nothing lately- thank goodness! I've had paint brushes soaking for 2 weeks now. I love the painting part but not the clean up part. Better get to it...
    Have a wonderful Sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHH NOOOOO! EEEEKKK! Well, the bright side IS a clean floor!

    I'm jealous of your weather. Rain, cold, and more rain today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Sorry but is true you floor is very clean.... I hate laundry too!,,!,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your domestic disaster... I've had a few of those myself.

    I tagged you in a game of blog tag. :-) Check out my post to find out more @ http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/11/ive-been-tagged.html

    T'onna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, no! At least you hadn't left for the day! My biggest (so far) diy disaster was knocking over a tray of paint onto my newly tiled floor, got an instant grout color change. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Water is the bane of my life! It doesn't want to come out where it should and does come out where it shouldn't. sigh ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh no but at least you were at home. i have had plenty of diy disasters but one time my father-in-law was painting a room in his condo and his cat got in the room, the tail dragged in the paint and you can imagine the mess a cat would make. let's just say the tail made an awfully messy paint brush all over the place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...