Adsense



    

Friday 9 November 2012

Honestly I'm A Liar

Morning All,

Yesterday I finally painted the boys room and wow what a difference!

So it started like this.





Then I painted and decided to try moving the furniture around and Now it looks like this:






I can't believe how much brighter it is! It made a huge difference to the light issues I have. The closet doors will need to be replaced with sliding doors with the bed in that position, but it has given me more space and better lighting.

When I woke up yesterday morning I believed I was an honest person, but as I painted the last coat on the last wall I realized that I had lied all day. It's funny how painting gives you time to reflect on things. Here are the lies I told yesterday:

1. At 7 am Julian got up for work, he said that the babies had been fed and the kids were giving them breakfast - I told him I was getting up, I stayed in bed for another 20 minutes.

2. As he left at 7:30 he said "you will tape up the room properly", I said "yes", but I didn't.

3. The boys asked if they would be able to decide on all my projects, I said yes, another lie

4. I lied to myself when I said I wouldn't eat the last two truffles for breakfast

5. I lied to Elizabeth when I said I didn't know where my hairbrush was, I hate sharing my brush and it forced her to find her own.

6. I lied to Jack when I said I wouldn't remove all his books - I need to find somewhere for them we bought him a kindle to help with the issue, but he still won't give up his paper versions. I will be putting them away in the garage.

However, it's true that you reap what you sow because I was viciously lied to!

1. I bought a "Point and Paint" supposedly will paint a room in an hour - Big Fat Lie, within 10 minutes I got the roller and brush out.

2. The worst one, 1 coat paint - HUGE lie, I had to paint two coats I was so annoyed. The only good thing about it was I got the paint for free so at least I hadn't paid for expensive lying paint.

Today, I'm exhausted but happy with the room and determined to never lie again - except about my online purchases because you know, everyone needs a vice!

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Linking up here
Becoming Martha
http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/flaunt-it-friday-126.html
One Artsy Mama
Love and Laundry

13 comments:

  1. Funny post :) And yay for painting projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liar, liar. You are so funny. Loved your very honest post. And, that room looks incredible and bright now that it's white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee pants on fire - Love it! The room does look so much brighter, good job.

    Take care, E xx (Induction booked for Weds - yay!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! The worst lies are the ones we tell ourselves!! Now that you've come clean, I think you're still in the clear, dear!! That room is aleady looking fabulous! Can't wait to see some more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny post .i love your honest
    I love your blog
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute, you little liar! Isn't it amazing what paint can do for a room? It does look so much brighter. And what's up with that one coat paint??? Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! So many lies! That was fun! That's a brighter room, I'm ready to see some more.
    XO-Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always make me laugh. Truffles for breakfast sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny and I personally know that is not a paint that exists that only requires one coat. I lie to myself that if I use a good primer I will get away with one point, but invariably I use a primer and 2 coats! Ugh. Love how a newly painted room feels sooo good#!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The room looks so much brighter! I sure wish I could sign up for email updates- I miss so much when I forget to check! hint, hint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What's wrong with lying? I think it is a very useful tool! The room looks so much lighter and brighter! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...