Adsense



    

Thursday 8 November 2012

Raspberry Centered Truffles

Morning All,

Can honestly say, I didn't think I would be bringing you a food post so quickly after the last one but this is too good not to share!



I spent last Saturday on a shopping tour with my sister in law and her Mum. If you don't know what these tours are, basically a bus load of predominately women, shop the factory outlets from the crack of dawn til dusk. My sister in law, Bec and I have been doing these for years and this year I snagged a few bargains, mostly for Elizabeth and the babies.

So anyway each tour has a hostess who tells you about the places you're going to visit and organizes morning tea and lunch. Well the woman made these truffles and they were so insanely good, I was determined to make them as soon as I got home. I asked what was in them and she said "oh biscuits, coconut, condensed milk and raspberry lollies", what she didn't tell us was the quantities of each so I decided to wing it.

And they were awesome and took less than 15 minutes!

Raspberry Centered Truffles

250 gram of plain Biscuits - For my Northern Hemisphere friends I think that would be vanilla wafers
1/2 cup of Shredded Coconut + extra for rolling
295 gram can of Condensed Milk (I used 99% fat free, picked it up by accident)
1/2 packet of Raspberry Lollies (Again international friends these are soft jube like candies)



1. Crush the biscuits, I used the food processor

2. Place the crushed biscuits, 1/2 c of shredded coconut and condensed milk in the kitchenaid (you could do this by hand but it's easier to use a mixer) and mix until well combined

3. Grab a raspberry lolly, cover it with the mix and roll into a ball shape until completely hidden

4. Roll in coconut.

5. Chill in the fridge for at least half an hour

6. If you plan on eating them, hide them from the kids!




That simple and I swear they are seriously delicious!

DIY Delight or Disaster? um yeah, delight and I while it's not exactly a recipe that can be too badly messed up, I'm pretty happy that I managed to get them to taste like hers. So do yourself a favor and give it a go.

Have you ever tried to recreate a recipe? How'd it go?

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Linking up here
  Beyond The Picket Fence saving4six


shabby creek cottage
Becoming Martha
http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/flaunt-it-friday-126.html KitchenFunOne Artsy MamaLove and Laundry

Photobucket Raising Imperfection The DIY Dreamer
Tip Junkie

21 comments:

  1. For someone that "claims" to take bad pictures, these are BEAUTIFUL. They look delicious and sound easy. Thanks for the translations :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely giving these a whirl! Pinned... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Northern Hemisphere friends" cracked me UP! HA!!!! Those are some good lookin' truffles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks delicious - will definitely give this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel, mel, mel....are lollys candy? Are they soft or hard? (I think your Northern Hemisphere friends think lollys are suckers.) Does the center melt? Do you think this is an appropriate breakfast food because I want some right now!!! Your pictures are fabulous by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting. I had to Google "Raspberry Lollies" to figure out what they were. in the US we call them gummy candy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! The truffles look very inviting, I would like to know if your condensed milk is sweetened, because is the only type I have seen here (Italy) and I'm afraid with sweet biscuits it will be too much sugar. Thanks,
    Maris (stelmar4 at gmail dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great success for just winging it! They look delish! Thanks for sharing at the Keep Calm and Link Up party! Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The looks amazing Mel! So glad you stopped by today, now following :)

    xoxo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohhh...they look so good! I want some! Mail order?

    Thank you so much for linking your favorite post to the Raising Imperfection Sunday Link Up. Please come back Friday to see if you were featured!

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound delicious and easy to make. Love the picture!

    Thanks for linking up to Raising Imperfection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No Need to convince me - these look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These sound amazing! And love the pink sparkly reindeer :) Saw you link up on some link parties. Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop and added it to your list www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for linking up these yummy looking truffles to Think Tank Thursday last week!! The party will be live tonight at 9:00pm est. at www.saving4six.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look lovely and simple. Thanks for linking up for Flash Blog Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is going on my MUST make list!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so yummy! Thank you for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum! I missed these the first time around. They look great ... you should make more tasty treats ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. G'day and how cute! Hope you saved one for me!
    Thanks for sharing as part of Foodie Friends Friday Snack Party!
    Cheers! Joanne
    http://whatsonthelist.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. These sound yummy. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...