Adsense



    

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Cheater Pillow


Well here's a little something for the boys, triple score Mum points for that!



 

It's winter here at present and while it has been a very mild Winter the nights are still cool and there have been a few rainy weekends. My boys happen to love this, if you can't go out and it's too wet for the garden, it means you can spend daylight hours playing games or just snuggled up on the couch reading a book.

So being the world's most awesome parent, you can read the proof of that here, I thought I would make the boys a pillow with some knitted fabric I received from Wholeport.

Want to take or share my title for World's Best Mum or Mom depending where you're from.

Supplies:

  • Skull fabric, this is the cheat part Wholeport sells it already cut to this size 35cm x 40cm
  • Backing fabric
  • Sewing supplies




Cut the backing fabric it's a simple open back I like to cut them the same size 25cm x 40cm overlocked the edge that will become the opening and fold it over 2.5cm and sew


Pin that baby well, making sure the back of the pillow overlap. As always right sides together, I'm usually a lazy pinner but this was knitted fabric so I wanted it in place. Sew around the edges, I use a 1'4 inch boarder because I wanted to keep the pictures and boarders on the knit piece looking uniform.


I also overlocked (serged) the sides you don't have to but it's neater. Also being woolen it will shed so if you need to wash regularly and don't have an overlocker/serger zigzag the edges


Then the only thing left to do was give it to the boys, Jack claimed it and now he has a cushion he can lay back and read on. He loved the feel of the fabric he actually commented how soft it was, and that is unusual for him to say anything. Wholeport also have other designs you can see them here.


It's very cool and that's how I retained my title of worlds best Mum...it's one of those things that gets given and taken at a moments notice!





Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here


19 comments:

  1. What a cool pillow. I love the skull pattern. Perfect for boys and a reading corner. And, of course, you have the title of best mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE and awesome mom and a pretty decent seamstress as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HP and the Chamber of Secrets! Would you like to know how the series ends?? =D hahaha! :P

    xoxo
    -andi

    (Oh, the pillow is fab!) :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve the title w/that one. You do good w/making cool things for your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super project!! How cool that it is knitted fabric... and skulls!! Mom points for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want one!!!! So cute and perfect for boys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Mel, oh and I love that vinyl bag you made too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Score one for you, Mel! I'm sure the boys loved it! If you get a chance, I'd love for you to link it up to our All Things Thursday Blog Hop along with any other posts you want to bring. Hope to see you there!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my daughters has a " thing " for skulls - she would go nuts for this!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this fabric, looks so snuggly. The cushion turned out great, no wonder it was claimed straightaway!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! Enjoy your title while you have it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job Mel! This is an awesome pillow for a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are one cool mom! It's difficult coming up with things guys will like, but you did it. Cute pillow, if you can call skulls cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your fabric choice. Your such a rockin Mum!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want that pillow lol..Great fabric! It looks so cozy and warm :)

    The boys (and the girls) are so lucky to have an awesome mom(mum) like you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great fabric! My daughter would love this pillow ... she is obsessed with the movie Goonies and anything with the skull & crossbones on it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome project! I so need a serger. Put that on the list after sticker-maker. You have the best gadgets, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like this fabric ! Need to make some pillows for the lounge, but I have no time :-) {.. lol .. too busy looming other stuff!}

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love skulls so I love this fabric. I am going to add some skull pillows in my living room. Love it. I would love it if you would share this over at my link party that is going on right now.

    http://www.ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...