Adsense



    

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Quick Bag Upcycle


Welcome to Day 2 of Trash Chic Week.







How cute is this bag! Seriously it actually took me less than 20 minutes but I allowed for people being a little more of a perfectionist than me.

Supplies:
  • A Shopping/Conference bag
  • Fabric, I used denim I had in my stash
  • Trim
  • Sewing supplies


 Take a bag and lay it onto the fabric, you can measure if you want to but tick, tick, tick, who's got time for that!


Sew down both sides.


Longest step, pin it to the bag and sew it on.


Hot glue the trim. Again, you could sew it on but time is money people and I don't got either!


Take that bag and proudly show it off!






DIY Delight or Disaster? Oh this little trash chic is darling and for the time it took I can see this happening to all bags I get from now on, so handy I love it! Delight! If you missed any of the other "Trash Chic" projects check them out below.




Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here


20 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Mel! I also have some of those shopping bags {in a dirty green color!} - might change one or two of them for Cheri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Mel! Quick and budget friendly projects are my fave kind!

    You are going to love one of the things I have sent to you - decorate it to your heart's content!!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My back seat is full of these bags. I'm officially the bag lady. None of mine are as pretty as yours!!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little bag. I love the fabrics you used...so patriotic (for us Americans :) ).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delight for sure. I love it, but you lost me on the sewing part. Unfortunately I can't sew. Oh well, back to buying my bags. . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could probably hot glue this because the inner bag gives all the strength.

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful idea! And how genius of you to come up with "Trash Chic!" That would make a great linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Mel! I need to stop getting surprised at your projects every time I see them. You are very clever and talented. It sure is a DIY delight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Super quick and easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!! anything that doesn't require measuring, sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bag is such a great idea Mel. I have a few of them and they're so drab. This is an fabulous way to pretty them up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Mel.....you continually amaze me with all your clever stuff

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome idea! I have gobs of these bags, so I need to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it Mel! Could I glue the whole thing and not drag Damien out??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey this is a great idea! I have so many plain bags around and a lot of un-used fabric, and like you, no time tick tick ti....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute project! Love it!Thanks for sharing!
    Hope you have a good week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mel, this is so cute!! I have quite a few of those "conference" bags, that could really, I mean really, use a face lift. Great idea - pinning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mel, I just love this....so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...