Adsense



    

Thursday 5 December 2013

Christmas Fudge


Hi Guys,


I'm not sure if I have mentioned it or not but I have no oven at present. It's totally annoying and means that there will not be any baking this holiday period. We're in the middle of a kitchen makeover and while we await new bench tops. ONE of us decided we could do without the oven until the bench tops are installed....one of us thinks that is a ridiculous idea!

So at present I'm scouring the net for as many non bake ideas that I can make "Christmassy".


Recently two of my favourite blog friends, Anne at Domblissity and Danni from Silo Hill Farm (feel free to check them both out, lovely ladies!) posted 2 ingredient fudge and I thought bingo that sounds like something that might work.

In the meantime the good folks at Wholeport sent me this totally cute Candy Mold which you can find here. So I thought it would be nice to make some Christmas fudge.



Aren't they sweet (pun intended) I think in some sweet packaging these would make a great alternative to a cookie swap. So easy and perfect for those of us with no time (or oven)!

Prep time was only a few minutes and then into the fridge.


You can find the recipe I used at Cookies & Cups here. You can also checkout all of Wholeport's well priced baking supplies here

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo



10 comments:

  1. Too cute, Mel ! And I love those molds :-) You can make so many different treats and even "paint" them !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No edible glitter?? These look wonderful to me and those molds are really cute! Thanks for the shout out girl. I'm going to see what other no bake stuff I have for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still have no oven! I am not sure how you are surviving.

    This turned out adorable...I am sure you have plenty of taste testers at the mansion, too :). Love the candy molds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm! I'm surprised you could get fudge out of the molds and keep the shape. They look wonderful. I'd like fudge no matter what it looked like, though. How did I miss the whole remodeling-the-kitchen-don't-have-an-oven story? Sounds exciting and exasperating at the same time. I probably wouldn't miss the oven, though- I rarely cook any more. Sometimes I wonder why I have a kitchen....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so darn good. Fudge is my middle name, Feral Fudge Turtle they call me. I would walk a hundred miles for the stuff. Now I have to check out this 2 ingredient recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the no bake fudge!! And how adorable in the little molds! Love it :

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are adorable! I love fudge so I am going to be checking out the recipe. We went to Gatlinburg, TN for our honeymoon and I'm willing to bet that about 50% of our spending budget went to fudge. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. No bake fudge is the bomb! My hubs has a recipe, but I know it's not the 2 ingredient kind, I've gotta check that out. I never would have thought of putting the fudge in cute little forms, they're adorable!! Sorry you're down an oven at the moment, but it looks like you are making due quite creatively! Way to go, Mel!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! And do you want to borrow one of my ovens? I have two {wink}. =D

    xoxo
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love fudge. My grandparents had a black walnut tree when I was little, and every Christmas we would have black walnut fudge. It's an acquired taste, but one I crave in fudge. I think you are doing great trying to find non-cooking items for Christmas goodies. If I come across anything completely delicious I'll send it your way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...