Adsense



    

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Magnetic Paper Dolls

When I was a kid I remember being babysat by a friend of my parents and she was kind of old fashioned, in preparation of us coming she had got some paper dolls for me and my sister to play with. I LOVED them it was the only time I had ever seen them and the only time I ever played with them.

Fast forward 30 odd years and I saw these pretty Christmas paper dolls on Pinterest, you can check out my board here and I wanted to make some for Madeleine


However being 3&1/2 I knew that she was going to rip them within seconds so I was trying to think of a way to make them sturdy enough to withstand some tough and rough play. Lightbulb moment, using my Xyron Sticker Maker with the  Magnet Refill Cartridge  I could make them quite sturdy.


First I printed and laminated them, then ran them through the Xyron Sticker Maker



Cut them out then I glittered a metal tray I found at a thrift store with some glitter and modpoge

I stuck the doll on.


Added all her outfits to the back, they stick there nicely with the magnetic backing


Now she can be dressed and accessorized to Madeleine's enjoyment

Isn't she pretty and tough...just like Madeleine!


DIY Delight or Disaster? Delight, I am so pleased with how this turned out and it's really sturdy. Also with the modpodge I can clean it off when Madeleine no longer wants it and use it again. If you're looking for a gift for a crafter I highly recommend Xyron Sticker Maker with the  Magnet Refill Cartridge  hours of fun and possibilities. Just click the link.

Can you believe we are back to doing Christmas stuff????

Thanks for reading,`

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here


14 comments:

  1. I played with Paper Dolls for hours. That and crayons and color books. I love a jot down memory lane. Thanks for making me think of such fond memories my sweet friend. Have an awesome blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first was " the Lennon Sister's" cut out doll's.......Who are you calling Old? lollollollloolo. Your little one must love this and her imagination is soaring!
    Good Job Mommy! xoxoxoxoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I remember playing with paper dolls when I was a little girl... feels like eons ago sometimes. This is a genius idea Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love playing with the paper dolls ! Love all your crafty gear and especially your lightbulb moments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel, my babysitter/ neighbor had a similar item to play with, it was vinyl stickers on a vinyl black board. I LOVED that toy and love those memories. With all the gadgets in the world today, your paper dolls are such a change up. Little girls will love these as I'm sure your daughter does. Great idea, Mel, pinning of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea. I love the vintage doll and clothes you found. I think it's fantastic you put it on a metal frame and stored the clothes in the back. What a fun project and a great toy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know modpodge wiped off. I've never used it, but had like a Super Glue kind of idea in my head about it. :) I like the dolls. I used to get the punch out paper dolls in a booklet when I was a kid and I remember really liking it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is a fantastic idea!!! I am pinning this idea for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a genius! How I loved paper dolls when I was little. My sister and I used to cut the pictures out of the Eaton's catalog to furnish our paper doll houses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Mel!! My mom used to make paper dolls for us when we were little!! We loved playing with them. I think they would have lasted if they had been laminated. The magnets and tray are just pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi. I love these. A lot.

    Paper dolls are a weakness of mine. This is SO awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this...I loved playing with colorforms....Mickey and Minnie Mouse were my faves. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...