Adsense



    

Sunday 1 December 2013

Keep Your Baby Fresh and Clean With WaterWipes - A Review

Hi all,

Recently I was sent a packet of WaterWipes to try. Basically they are baby wipes that contain no chemicals. Previously I have spoken about the fact that my Max suffers from terrible nappy rash and the poor boy is in agony when it flares up, so I was eager to try them.



As it happened I got the packet during one of Max's flare ups. I am a user of wipes but when he has a rash I revert to using terry-cloth and tap water, however it's not the most practical thing when I'm out and about. Even though the packet states 99.9% distilled water and .01% grapefruit seed extract I tried it with a little trepidation.

First thing I noticed was that he didn't cry, with the softness of the wipe, it was so gentle on his poor little butt, usually nappy change time is a bit of a nightmare for us both. That in itself impressed me, the poor kid usually jumps a mile, so I continued to use the packet.

The second thing that I found really convenient was the fact they they're made from water I could use it while I was out to clean their hands and faces. A while back I read this article about all the things regular baby wipes could be used for and while it's great to have the chemical ones remove pen from my leather couch, putting those types of chemicals on my children's faces scared me. Especially with Madeleine who suffers from eczema. This usually means that I need to run to the restroom to clean them up and at this time of year you know what a nightmare that can be.

As you know with 5 kids I am on a pretty tight budget, WaterWipes retail for $6.99 for a packet of 60, my usual brand is $3 for 80, so it is quite a price difference. However in weighing up Max's comfort when he is suffering nappy rash and the fact I can clean them up without any hassle over the Summer when we are away from the house so often, I am prepared to fork out the extra for the convenience.

Baby Waterwipes are also donating their product free to maternity wards to help protect those fresh little baby butts from nasty chemicals.
 I definitely would recommend them to all mothers, particularly those whose children suffer from skin allergies or nappy rash. Now my Max is happy he's ready to take on anything!



Baby WaterWipes are available from selected Coles and Bilo stores across Australia. For more information you can visit their site at http://www.waterwipes.com.au/

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

10 comments:

  1. Well, thank goodness, being an old chook, I am past those days. Max does look extremely happy though, so if they work well, stick with them.
    I know, I know that petroleum jelly is supposed to be a no no in this day and age. But, the old gentle warm flannel and then petroleum jelly kept my kids from getting diaper rash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found something that worked :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing product for all Moms in need of baby wipes {fortunately I am past that bit!}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review Mel! I love, love, love that picture of Max...but then you already knew that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you, I'll pay extra for some things, if I KNOW they're a really good quality. And I'm w/Danni, that picture really is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable picture of Max. I don't know if this post makes me glad I am done with the baby stage or makes me want to have another and give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little guy of yours is so darned cute that I think you should get on #6. You make cute babies Mel...(K don't shoot me for that one lol) Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound like a great product! Are they only a product in Australia? I might be interested in using them as well, for when we're out and about. Thanks for sharing your honest opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a great product!! Great! Emily

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...