Adsense



    

Thursday 12 December 2013

A Christmas Dress

Every year I have bought the kids an outfit for Christmas, the last two years I have gone with hand made, but from other people. 



This year I have spent a lot of time on my sewing machine trying desperately to learn how to do clothing for the kids. I made this dress for Madeleine using the Heidi and Finn Holiday Dress which I used here. Instead of the bows, (because the still scare me) I went with a ribbon waist with a little peek of lace. Last time I made a few mistakes this time I was doing so well, until I realised half of the skirt was upside down...grrrr!  So Annoying!

DIY Delight or Disaster? I'm pretty happy with this in spite of the time spent with the seam ripper redoing the skirt, oh well another lesson learnt! Now I have to attempt to make Max something, I'm scared of boys clothes!


What part of sewing scares you?

Mel xo



13 comments:

  1. Oh that is so cute! Mel you are doing great at this and Madeleine will be adorable in it. The part of sewing that scares me?? All of it...but mostly, opening the door to my sewing cabinet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous dress you have created. Madeleine will be the belle of the ball!! I have spent many a days with a seam ripper in my hand so I cured that and try to stay away from my sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job, Mel- the dress is adorable! I don't think anything about sewing really scares me, but a lot annoys me. :D I'm just not a patient person, and sewing takes a lot of patience. I'd rather avoid it as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Mel ! It is a lovely dress for a cute little girl like Madeleine ! ... part that scares me??? ..switching the machine ON !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courtier elegance , gorgeous detail , vibrant colour! Perfect! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is ADORABLE. What a lovely dress, only more lovely because you made it. I agree with Amy, beautiful fabric. I know you'll rock boy clothes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh... no fair... Danni took my answer. Sewing is scary... period. lol. This is so pretty Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Threading the machine is what scares me. No matter how many times I do it, I always do it wrong unless I look at the picture diagram. Your dress is a beauty, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful, Mel. What's sewing without a seam ripper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so beautiful! You are such a talented seamstress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this dress is so pretty! I love it!

    styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great fabric, love the look of the lace and the ribbon around the waist! You did a great job. I am also scared of clothes. She will look beautiful in it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This. Is. Adorable!! I love the fabric...such a fun retro feel. :)

    xoxo
    -andi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...