Adsense



    

Sunday 9 September 2012

Abby Cadabby's Bad Hair Day



Oh Dear! Poor Abby I feel I must apologize to the makers of Sesame Street for this one.

I've seen million of those hair bow holders and thought how cool would to make an Abby Cadabby. Here's the problem folks, my brain is willing but the talent is weak.

She has little ponytails that could be used to hang the bows, this was my "inspiration"



So I grabbed the supplies

Metal stove top cover
Vinyl
White Glue
Rhinestones
Wool

So I covered the burner thing in pink vinyl, then I cut out the face pieces, I just used scissors, and scrapbook punches - which by the way, crap for vinyl.


Then I remembered she had 6 freckles, how did I remember this, Madeleine has a Sesame Street numbers DVD that she insists on watching 40 million times a week and no jokes, I know the whole DVD off by heart. It honestly scares me, what valuable memories have been replaced by these songs.

So I looked around and that's when I came up with the idea of rhinestone freckles, because friends, apparently her freckles sparkle.



Then I tried the hair, I wanted those ponytails to sit up all perky, I glued it on after playing around with it.



I hated it! I honestly was about to throw it out when Madeleine gets up from her nap, and full of excitement she says Abby. Great can't throw it out now.

So I put some hair bows on it and called it a day.



DIY Delight or Disaster?

Disaster! I really hate this thing! Abby looks like she got caught in the rain and wasn't able to fix her hair.

Now please tell me, that you've had something that didn't work out as planned and your kid latched on to it and there was no going back?


Thanks for reading, I apologize that you set your eyes upon this.

Mel xo

5 comments:

  1. There is no Sesame Street in my house & I have no clue who "Abby" is but I think it's adorable.

    It's for your son & daughters room and your daughter loves it?

    I say *SCORE* ou have a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel add a fringe and some bits on top to take away the flat look. Apart from that she's fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll give it a go, honestly I was so over it I didn't want to touch it again. Stay tuned for the room reveal - You'll know then if I got it working :) I have to time it so she's not around to notice me playing with it

    Mel xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby is adorable- you're too hard on yourself! I have so many projects that go wrong, I should have named my blog What Not to Do. The worst was a dining room table that I tried to refinish at least 3 times before getting it (mostly) right. That darn thing hated me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so cute! Everyone is more critical of their own work. My daughter would love her (she might even be old enough to help me make one). Maybe add bangs? All of a sudden I can't remember for sure. Thanks for sharing at Lines Across!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...