Adsense



    

Saturday 29 September 2012

Scrappy Towel

Hey All,

You know the toy box I did for the kids room? Well I had a small amount of the Sesame Street fabric left and wondered what I should do with it.

Then I remembered I had pinned this idea from The House of Smiths and I thought it was a really good idea for jazzing up plain towels. She used ribbon, which I want to have a go at in the future, but I figured it would work for fabric and it did!

A Fabric Embellished Towel.



Supplies:

Towels
Fabric scraps

Cut the fabric to your desired size mine are about 3&1/2 inches.


Then I overlocked (serged ) the edges to prevent fraying, you could also use the fold under method if you don't have access to an overlocker. Pin to towel.


And sew her on!



These are so easy and a cool way to use up those scraps.

DIY Delight or Disaster? Meh an easy project, delight. It's a little hard to get over excited about a kids towel but hey, one less scrap and I needed new towels.

Actually my scraps are a little out of hand, so if you have any scrap projects, feel free to leave me a link.

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

9 comments:

  1. Cute towel, lady. I love the bright and cheery fabric!

    -Amberly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny. I am excited about your kids towel and that you have a serger...lucky! I don't have one. And, I love that you are using up your scraps in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that towel, I'nm gonna have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on a roll- cute towel! What kind of serger do you have? Mine has given me fits all day. And it's a nightmare to thread, which I've had to do over and over and over....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delight! I'm always looking for ways to make everyday items cuter. nice work!
    Stacia@ http://feathersandsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel! cute towel! I don't sew...much...and I don't have a serger, I'm sure it would be just one more piece of possessed sewing equipment to frustrate me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, I'm totally excited about this! The minute I saw it, I started thinking of what pattern to put on one for each of the grandkids. Chickens for the Chicken Whisperer, horses for National Velvet, tigers for Amish Girl, etc. I have to get to a fabric store, now!!! Pinning. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell me about it. I am in the exact same scrap situation as you. luckily my kids fancy themselves crafters and have access to all my scraps. I think they get played with more than their actual toys do. Very cute towel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. See? Total delight, everybody loves it. So much better than boring old plain towels, it's the little things that count!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...