Adsense



    

Sunday 16 September 2012

ABC it's as easy as.....Wall Art


Hi All,

The room is really starting to roll along now, the draws  have changed the look to the Sesame Street vibe I was after. Sesame Street is all about educating the little ones on the Alphabet which is the first stage of reading.

Now yesterday, I have to confess, I thought my two year old might be a genius, turns out she just has a rather dumb mother. I was at a one year old birthday, (happy birthday Zoe) and our friend has just moved into a new home and Madeleine wandered into the nursery, while I'm in there getting her out I notice the wall art, which had the words to, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Madeleine points and starts singing it, my heart shines with pride and I say "Oh my goodness she's reading", I'm already thinking Mensa membership, can she get her medical degree by 12 and become a real life Doogie Houser, T.V. interviews, that I'll modestly admit that she does take after her mother.  
While I'm planning her career and what I will wear to the aforementioned interview, I notice all the little stars surrounding, the words. Doh! Thankfully, the only person who heard me was my 10 year old and she  knows her Mother may actually be insane.

So for the moment, we will stick with learning the alphabet, here's how I made it.

Supplies:


Frame
Wall Paper
Paint
Cards
Hot Glue Gun
Alphabet Flash Cards

First I glued the paint able wall paper onto the board.


Taped it off and painted




Glued the letters on 


Framed it and stuck it on the wall




Easy project that has added some color to the walls.



DIY Delight or Disaster? Well I like it, my sister  said I should have painted the frames and I know that probably most of you would agree, but I liked the fact the it was plain compared to all the busy colors in the frame. My verdict is a delight, what do you think? Do you agree with my sister that I should have painted the frames?


Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

7 comments:

  1. Totally a delight! You are making me laugh so hard with your "genius child" day dreaming!! But hey...her mother's been on a real creative roll lately so maybe the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh? I love it! And yeah...I'd probably paint the frames!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL My daughter thought 2 yr. old Baby was reading, but now she thinks she has just memorized the books. You have me thinking I should do an alphabet craft for her room. It's a hit! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another creative idea- I think your daughter does take after her genius mother and was actually reading the words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to help teach your kids the alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I'd probably paint the frames but then I am Mrs Overkill ;)

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...