Adsense



    

Friday 26 April 2013

Knitting Organizer



Morning All,

After I made the quilt and go, I knew that I needed to do something similar for my knitting, I'm a fickle person and bored easily so I like to have a few things on the go at once. I used the another of the embroidery hoops I received from Wholeport




Supplies

  • Fabric
  • Bias Binding
  • Sewing supplies
  • Quilt batting



Grab your fabric and cut into strips, the width will depend on the hoop size you use, and how long you want it



Sew the strips together and attach the quilt batting and inner fabric


Fill with your latest knitting project


Hang her up



Just like my Quilt and go, I can grab it at nap time or bed time and clickity clack the night away.

DIY Delight or disaster? Well I'm delighted! I love Wholeport's embroidery hoops, Elizabeth has been on Pinterest and wants some in her room for decoration, I plan on buying a few sets. The best part is, Wholeport's prices are based on how many you buy, the more you buy the cheaper they become.

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo




I would be delighted if you would follow me at any or all of these awesome places, just click on the picture below.


Mellywood's Mansion
Mellyood's Mansion
Mellywood's Mansion

21 comments:

  1. You are fabulous and this is yet another hoop delight! Mel, you've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Embroidery hoops are SO great! Will have to check out Wholeport, Spotty often sells out and never has the size I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fun embroidery hoop craft project. I love it! If only I knitted :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't knit, but this is such a versatile organizer ! Pinned - I need one for my craft stuff I carry all over the house :-) Really lovely and very creative, Mel !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that this is portable! Elisabeth is one smart girl to pick up on that for her room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is hooptastic Mel! It would be fabulous for fabric odds and sods that I collect. What a great use of an embroidery hoop. I think I might actually be able to sew that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic idea! I have all of the things to get me started on the knitting train. I even have a copy of Knitting for Dummies (thanks, Mom). Now I just need to actually pick up the needles. This project bag seems like something I could do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, Mel! Love the fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delight, and I can see you knitting, in your pink slippers, hahahaaha. :)

    My gram tried to teach me to knit and I never could get the hang of it too. I still have the throws she made though, one for me, and one for each of my children (except the little guy).

    I did learn to crochet a little bit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I won't be knitting, but I love this idea for storing all sorts of things. Laundry room for the always odd left-over socks; plastic bags; hiding snacks....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Mel - I'm gonna have to do something like this - I keep losing all my sewing bits and bobs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab project - those hoops are certainly versatile!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. DELIGHT! What a great idea, Mel! You are clever & crafty! I love that Tuula said it is "hooptastic" :) I love the fabric you used! Pinnng!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a delight, Mel! Such a nifty idea for creating storage all around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AND she knits too?
    Great idea Mel !!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea Mel! Pretty & practical! Have a great week! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea! I can't seem to keep track of mine so perhaps I need to make one! Thank you for sharing! I’d love to have you visit me at Get Your Crap Together! We have a Pattern Party from the 1st of the month to the 10th and would love you to check it out. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I need a new clothespin bag for the clothesline. I might have to make one of these. Another great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so cute. great idea! although i probably need about 100 for all my yarn ;) seriously, though, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this idea!

    Thanks so much for sharing at the Wildly Original link party =)

    <3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...