Adsense



    

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Bottle Cap Hair Clips





Yep, I haven't played with my caps lately but I got this really cool craft tool and it's made it a lot more fun. The Xyron Sticker Maker, (find out more here)
Xyron XRN510 Creative Station Multi-Use Crafting Machine with Permanent-Adhesive Cartridge

I love this thing, it makes anything you can roll through it, paper, ribbon, fabric, into a sticker, (permanent and removable), magnet and it even laminates. There are various sizes but mine is the 5 inch and it's plenty big enough for me.



Anyways I grabbed my supplies:

1" Flattened Bottle Cap
1" Circle Epoxy Stickers
Bottle Cap Punch 1 Inch
Glue ( I ended up using super glue the stuff pictured was no good, hot glue would also work)
Hair Pins



I made the caps just the same as my bottle cap advent except instead of gluing I ran the images through the sticker maker and and just punched out what I needed. This actually means when the mood strikes, I can grab the left over ones and whip up something in no time! Then once the bottle cap was made I stuck it on the the pin. 






DIY Delight or Disaster? Delight, cute and done in a matter of minutes...not including drying time. The only undelightful this about this was my model was feeling a little diva-ish and refused to put them in her hair, she wanted ribbons today. 

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo


I would be delighted if you would follow me at any or all of these awesome places, just click on the picture below. 


                             Mellywood's Mansion
Mellyood's Mansion
Mellywood's Mansion


15 comments:

  1. Hey Mel! These are absolutely adorable! Love them :) Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delight! Another creative way to use bottle caps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those models, they never cooperate :). These look adorable. What a fun tool...I want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable ! I'm going to check out this new tool of yours now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute! What a clever little machine, lots of creative possibilities there :)

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whims of a model. sigh. been there done that. super delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this little creative machine of yours....great work and looks like lots of fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well then you must make ribbons next... of course then she'll want bottle caps clips!! Very cute, Mel, I've never heard of sticker making machine, how cool!! ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun!! My grand daughters would love these AND the little machine to make some!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable! I've been trying to make labels for a soon-to-be-announced project, and your new gadget may just be the thing I need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look great Mel! Geez, you could go wild with that machine.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute, Mel! Pinned to my DIY board!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want one of those machines! Did you get it free girl?? I can think of a ton of things to do with that. Your hair clips are cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope I 100% paid for this, shipping and all and I LOVEit :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...