Adsense



    

Sunday 2 June 2013

Sew Delicious - Sew Along Completed

Howdy,

You might remember that I was joining the awesome Ros of Sew Delicious in a sew along. Well I'm a little late to end it due to some unforeseen things happening at the mansion this last fortnight (sickness, dead cars, ect) but I finally finished, yay!


Here she is from the back.




Here's the front.





It's so pretty, great tutorials by Ros which you can find over here, if you've never quilted before and it's something you want to try, give it a go.

I have to admit, while I have done some quilting I always round the corners or just overlock (serge) the edges, this time I stretched myself and did the mitered corners...so don't look too close at them but they aren't too bad.

My Mum a very experienced quilter will be pleased to see it done, I'm sure she dies a little on the inside every time she sees my usual edging/binding.

Thanks Ros for a great sew along even if I was late too finish.

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo


17 comments:

  1. Thanks for your lovely words Mel! It looks fantastic, you've done a great job! The pink binding is great colour choice. Thanks so much for joining in! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Mel! Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want it! Love the fabric colours, it turned out so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel, Pretty in Pink, this turned out SO nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for completing it, I think it looks fabulous. My mum is a fantastic knitter, but I am sadly lacking in that department!

    Have a great day, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty! I used to do a lot of quilting before I went back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Mel! It looks beautiful to me! I've never made anything like that and I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really great, Mel! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking up to Sunday Social at Call Me PMc ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go girl!! It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the combination of colourful fabrics that you used Mel! I think it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow it's gorgeous Mel! I love the fabrics you chose. They are tie in really great together. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. That turned out great. Beautiful fabric! Sorry for your bad luck. Hope things are better today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful colors! :) Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks great, love the pink gingham backing. I've never been able to do binding along the edges. My grandmother would sew the back edge of the binding with the machine, then fold it to the front and hand sew it. Yeah, like that's going to happen around here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and so sorry to hear about the bad day(s). Hope you're having brighter days now. :)

      Delete
  16. Looks Great Mel! I have no idea what all of those sewing terms mean, but it turned out gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...