Adsense



    

Thursday 8 August 2013

Get Digging!

For those of you who saw our veggie garden  you know that it is quite a passion of ours. Once we started reading up on gardening pretty quickly we learned that there are seeds, then there are seeds! The best veggies come from the heirloom varieties.

So we decided to look into them and found an online seed place that speacalised in all the best heirlooms available here in Australia. Then we discovered that they had a club and an actual garden where you could visit and buy the seeds in person and speak to the growers.

So one sunny Winter's day we loaded up the kids and drove the hour and a half to get there.

Here's the carpark, yes that is the ocean on the horizon, The Diggers Club is situated in Dromania on the coastline of Victoria.



 Here's the entrance...so pretty!


 This is the shop from the outside the building are just gorgeous.



Pretty display inside.


Gorgeous gardens to walk around.



These are the ediable gardens, almost all the garden in this section is veggies and fruit trees.


 The kids took advantage of an old tyre swing.


 Tropical fruit trees...how they grow in Victoria (the cooler part of the mainland) I will never know!





The back of the building, honestly I was in awe this place it is just so picturesque.


We explored all the grounds.


Relaxed at the view point.


I will say it wasn't exactly pram friendly! Luckily I was off pushing duty!


Then we made a few purchases.


 Headed off to the beach for lunch.


The kids played at the park by the sea.



You can't have lunch by the beach unless it's Fish and Chips!

These two seagulls ensured we had plenty of entertainment, they're fighting over Max's doughnut.


 Then it was time for one quick play before it was time to go home.


The Diggers Club is a fantastic place to get your seeds and obviously a beautiful place to visit, if you happen to be in Victoria and interested in gardening I truly recommend it. I wasn't paid or compensated in any way for this post it was just such an awesome place to visit.

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

17 comments:

  1. Looks like the family really enjoyed a beautiful and productive outing together! Fantastic pictures by the way. Visiting Australia is on our bucket list. My son spent three weeks there when he was in middle school, some twenty years ago and he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool - I wish we had something like that near us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a neat place to check out. Your pictures are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the pics you took, Mel! Looks like a lovely place to spend the day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post. What a beautiful glimpse into your life and shopping excursions. That place is beautiful and inspiring. What a lovely day you must have had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love to tour gardens when we travel. This looks like such a great place to visit, and the ocean is a fabulous bonus. Sounds like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so joining the Diggers Club!!! I could maybe get over my new found fear of sharks if I lived here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The world seems so small when you meet friends online from every imaginable country...until you show stuff like this and I can't go see it cuz I'm like a gazillion miles away. :/ Looks awesome though! I'm still dreaming of a fabulous garden at the new place...

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely post, I enjoyed the pics - what a pretty place to get your seeds. I thought fish'n'chips was a British thing ;) Seagulls are the same the world over - always fighting over food lol!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those buildings have such beautiful architecture, I love all the stone and the roof style. It looks like your having a mild spring. A garden tour and fish n' chips by the sea, that is a perfect day in my book. Beautiful pictures, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting my blog. I just posted more stuff from my vacation, the more recent has pictures from the Grand Canyon. Isn't Victoria where "Babe" was filmed. It was the first time I really understood that you Winter when we have Summer and visa versa. Anyways, Victoria looked so lovely in the movie and in this past post. What an unusual Nursery! We have some interesting ones, Sperlings, of Calabasas is gorgeous and built on a hill.

    The park, at the beach, reminds me of a Beach Park in central California. It is in Guatalupe, CA and is near the Santa Inez Wine area (we have several wine areas in our state).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds lovely, I love nurseries. Babe was filmed in NSW which sits above Victoria. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful place- it would be hard to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.. just wow. That is one of the prettiest places I've ever seen. I love that old building and all the grounds. What a fun day trip for the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome place to go for heirloom seeds! I'd sure make that an annual outing. It has everything in one beautiful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tour Mel. It is so pretty there!! In Canada, we have a place on the west coast called Victoria, located on Vancouver Island. There is a place called Butchart Gardens. It is beautiful there too! Must be something in the name!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please put this on the list of places to take me when I come see you! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...