Adsense



    

Thursday 29 August 2013

Easiest Patchwork Ever!

Easiest Patchwork EVER, yep that's me calling it.

But for all you "proper" quilters (MUM) this is not a quilt! It's a blanket! It's so easy that anyone who can sew a straight line can fake a quilt.





I got this lovely pink pack sent to me from Wholeport and decided that it would make a lovely throw to keep me warm on these chilly Winter nights. You can find it here


Cut each one into quarters.

Decided on a layout.


Grabbed some minkee and cut it to size and overlocked/serged around the edges.


Now I have a nice warm place to read


Isn't pretty! A very quick project to keep you warm on those cooler nights!



Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

12 comments:

  1. That's one awesome pack you have received from them ! Love the blanket, Mel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make these with my gram and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does making a quilt stay forever on my bucket list? It's been right up there at the top for about 20 yrs! You've inspired me with your pretty layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me - you absolutely amaze me - now I want to make a quilt!!!!!!!!!!
    It's gorgeous Mel!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know a 3 year old who would love one of these. Maybe I might make one for her birthday in February lol I'll put it on my to do list. Love it Mel and you've done a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilt! It looks very much like the first one my daughter made. And what a nice place to sit and read. Now if only I had a book to read where I didn't know the ending...

    BAHAHAHA! sorry...couldn't pass it up. :P

    xoxo
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's really pretty. I think even I could manage that minus the serger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really! Easy ? I don't think so.....straight lines are not always straight! You did a Perfect job, I'll admire the talented ones for now! lol xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turned out lovely, Mel. I always admire patchwork and your tutorial makes it look easy enough to give it a go. I'm gonna to start by pulling out my sewing machine that has been tucked away for about a year. See what an inspiration you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so pretty (in pink)! Great fabric choices! Great job on your blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the way it should be Mel, easy.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...