Adsense



    

Tuesday 20 August 2013

My First Dress!!!!

My very first dress, made for my gorgeous baby girl from my very own hands...I'm so excited.



I bought this pattern from Etsy shop Heidi and Flinn after reading here how great her coat pattern was, so thanks Amy . It truly was easy to follow although the bows scared me big time and I didn't want it to be "Christmassy", so I decided just to put some yo yos on the waist band. The kids were watching Oz the Great and Powerful while I was making it and Elizabeth says "Oh you're making a Dorothy dress, which I guess is kind of similar.


To all my sewing blog friends who regularly take pictures of young children, Props to you, seriously I have enough problems with pictures without having a 3 year old running every which way and teenage brothers who decided it would be fun to teach her how to pose as the Leaf Busters Lady. 

For my international friends check out this ad and you'll know why we collectively as a nation wish she would get someone else to do her ads and why I don't want my daughter copying her.

But I did manage to get a nice one in the garden.



Out by the cubby house. Sun in her eyes, poor love!


It's a great dress for whirling and twirling.


By then she was so sick of Mummy and the camera there was only one thing left to do....


Run to Daddy and cry!






DIY Delight or Disaster? For my first real attempt at making clothes I am pretty delighted, there are a few mistakes but (hopefully) only I can see them. Since then I have been spending a lot of time on the machine, I can't wait to share my next clothing attempt, which resulted with me practically crying (real tears) for help and the lovely blogger who walked me through...stay tuned, you'll all get a laugh out of what went wrong!

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

27 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the dress, Mel! Better now that I can see all the detail as well. I also would have replaced the bows with something else ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel it is so adorable! What a beautiful job you have done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is beautiful, the daughter is beautiful, and you are beautiful!! What a delight!!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done such a beautiful job!!!! Cuteness overload. And of course, running to Daddy is the appropriate thing to do after mama has been so mean as to take pictures of her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HUGE delight, I love it. And it fits perfectly!
    LOL at the ad lady...can they say that final 'Gutter Busters' thing without copyrighting Ghostbusters?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Mel! Definitely a delight. It's such a sweet dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, its just beautiful Mel! congratulations. No stopping you now. Can't wait to see the one of you twirling and whirling! LOL

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious, precious, precious! Both the daughter and the dress. For a first attempt, you did a fantastic job, Mel. Kudos for trying, you'll be sewing clothes for the whole family in not time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should be delighted with your first dress, Mel. It's so, so pretty!!! I love your choice of fabrics; the white with the blue gingham... perfect. Can't see any mistakes from where I'm sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Mel, this dress is adorable! Almost as adorable as that little darling wearing it. You did a fantastic job and this is a definite delight! You could frame that pic in the garden for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mel, you have done an absolutely fabulous job. It fits her perfectly too...amazing for the first dress you have ever made :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mel, what a wonderful post. I loved this so much. I loved the pictures of your beautiful little girl. My goodness, she has some great hair. I loved the first picture. You did an amazing job. You'll definitely have to save that for her. The last picture made me laugh so hard...children of bloggers have it so hard :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that was your first dress??? It looks wonderful and adorable. And so does your little model. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I can't believe that was the first dress you've ever made! It's beautiful! (As is the model, despite her tears!)

    Can't wait to read about this other sewing project (and I understand crying over the sewing machine)...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Mel, if your very first attempt of a dress is this, I wonder how the next dresses will look! It is gorgeous (and so is your daughter!). By the way, I laughed at the ad and your comment on it quite a bit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. YOUR FIRST ATTEMPT???????????
    Can't even imagine anything better than this - seriously - is that gorgeous or what?
    And your daughter is just beautiful Mel ( and I see she looks like her Mom )
    Wow - you're one creative Mama!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  17. So gorgeous I love it! The gingham is perfect. Hahaha the leaf busters lady...so embarrassing. Those ads kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Mel! You did a fabulous job and your pics are gorgeous! (I did go look at the leaf lady...LMBO!) So are you afraid of bows in general...or just making them?!! Great job, beautiful dress and adorable model.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done Mel, absolutely adorable - looks so cute on! Can't believe it is your first dress, you put my dresses to shame!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your dress is a winner and your daughter looks so cute in it! Your first attempt at making a dress is amazing! You are well on your way as a seamtress. You will love sewing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Delight delight delight! I thought you said you weren't a "sewer".. Looks like you are now! This dress is adorable and so is your little model! What a cutie!

    And I did go checkout the Leaf Busters lady too lol.. That's funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks amazing. Way to go! Love your fabric choices. Looks like she loves it as much.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!!! Good job Mel and the perfect little model :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. SOOO cute!! Nice job... I really like the fabric too! Emily@nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...