Adsense



    

Friday 30 August 2013

This is Me

Hi guys,

Once again I am joining the fabulous Amy at While Wearing Heels for the monthly self portrait.

While Wearing Heels

 I was going with my usual laugh at myself approach since I don't feel comfortable with pictures of myself but recently I got a reminder that some people don't like me being me. Some people get offended when I state my love of wine. Seriously peeps, I'm not some deadbeat drunk hollering at her kids to fetch more booze, I like a glass or two on a Friday night. Of course this meme made me laugh and this months theme was recreating a picture.

Please note that I am neither drinking, classy or wasted!


The odd this this month was I had the title of the party running through my head, This is Me, This is Me and it got me thinking, who am I, and who are my readers and why are some offended by a glass of wine? What made them come in the first place?

So putting it out there, I don't beat around the bush, I call a spade a spade, I don't mind sharing bits and pieces of what I see as the fun and funny side of my life and my family's, although a lot less about them, since this whole blogging thing is about me and my crap.

Some people may find me offensive, some may find me too much, other might just find me boring and untalented and you know what I realized? I don't care.

I love the people who come here, the ones that share many common interests and the ones who are not like me. I am quite comfortable with who I am, I'm old and (somewhat) wise enough to know that while I may not be perfect, I try to be the best version of me. I try to be supportive of others, I try to show the good, bad and ugly because I know there are people out there who see all that Pinterest "perfection" and feel bad about themselves. I believe that not only is it okay to be different and to have disasters but they should be celebrated.

What you read here, is as close to me as you will get in real life and for those of you who read, if/when you meet me, you'll know exactly what to expect and if being honest about who I am means some won't like it, I'm okay with it, because this is me, and I'm okay with it!

Don't forget to check out the other "me" posts at While Wearing Heels.


Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

Be Delighted Every Day, Follow Mellywood's Mansion!
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here
project-name-for-SEO-purposes-here

18 comments:

  1. It's Friday...so that means 'cheers'. *clinks glass* I'll be joining you for a couple of wines tonight! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on Mel!! It's only Thursday night here, but I've got the day off work tomorrow so I'm having a glass of wine right now. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i luv it and your honesty! i'm to that point in my life too where I don't care either, take me or leave me, I am me.

    keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the best way to be Mel. I like you just the way you are! (Drunk or sober LOL just kidding)

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been offended by a single thing you have written. I'ts charming that you are not afraid to show a few disasters and a bit of messiness. It's called real life. Okay, maybe teaching the baby to mix your martinis was a bit over the top. Just kidding folks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And that's exactly why I love you, Mel! You are yourself :-) Stay that way and bugger the rest !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Put some damn wine in that glass! You are beautiful girl and I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're fine just as you are.....now go have a drink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you Mel, you are fab just as you are - love your honesty and that you share your disasters along with your delights! Now go and enjoy your wine (and have one for me too - it's only early afternoon here lol!)

    Big hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well said, Mel!!! You tell it like it is and that's what I like about you! Ah! There're those pretty earrings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mel! One of the reasons I love visiting you and your blog is because YOU so genuinely and humorously share yourself and your projects. I feel like I have a real glimpse into your life and I love that. You are someone I hope to meet in real life...and share a glass of wine with. I love your picture and you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE YOU MEL!!! But you're going to drive me to drink. Oh wait. I already do. The picture above that you recreated?? I have those coasters. Although instead of "wasted," they say, "poo-faced."

    Only it doesn't really say "poo."

    You get my drift.

    xoxo
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bottoms UP! You OZZY gals ! I have been fortunate in virtually friend several of you lovelies! The Universe never shoves me wrong! And Estelle!
    Love making your acquaintance ! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!! And so do the rest of your fans it seems :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're the real deal, Mel! Love you just the way you are and from all the comments above, it appears you have many fans :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehe Mel You truly are funny! And a big cheers to you for being who you are! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. #clink#clink - Cheers to you you! Love you, your blog, delights and disasters! Love that you keep it real!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...