Adsense



    

Monday 17 March 2014

Easter Tic Tac Toe

Hey Guys,

This was a post I shared over at the Thrifty Rebel last year for Easter

Today I'm also going to solve one of the greatest mysteries in time - I promise!



So I was a little unsure what to do for this post, so I got out my most rebellious shoes and got thinking.


 I decided on an Easter theme. I love Easter but I hate that my 5 kids end up sick from eating far too many chocolates, so I thought I would give them something to do and made a Tic Tac Toe board.


Supplies:
Fabric
Canvas
Ribbon
Hot Glue
Game Pieces
Buttons (Optional)

I started by hot gluing the fabric down, then added the ribbons.

I thought it lacked something so I added some decorative buttons to the corners.


For the game pieces I used some eggs and chicks I found at our local "cheep" store.


Then I was shocked when my almost 15 year old son decided that he wanted to play with me. I wasn't sure if he would understand the concept of a game without a screen...but he got there, bless him!


As I promised earlier, I now have the answer to the age old question, "what comes first the chicken or the egg?" As you can see diagonally across, it's the chicken!.

Thanks for having me Tuula, I have loved putting on my rebel shoes (those are actually my favourite shoes).

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

14 comments:

  1. I still love your rebel shoes ! This is an awesome game for the little ones, but I would also be in shock if my kids know how to play anything other than the games via a screen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recap, Mel! I loved it the first time . . .oh so pretty! Also, Tic Tac Toe and Checkers were the only games my father and I played together so this brings back memories I had forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who wouldn't be a genius in those rebel shoes! I love this idea! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! It reminds me of our visits to Cherokee, NC when I was a kid. They had a real chicken in a cage- you could put a quarter in to play tic-tac-toe with the chicken! It was a hoot because the chicken always went first, and always won!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chicken & egg approach to tic tac toe - what a clever idea!

    Pink Doc Martens???!!!! I need those!!!! I have total shoe envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had forgotten I meant to copy this craft for Easter. I'd better go check my Pinterest board. Thanks for the reminder, oh ye of the pink butt kickers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good old fashioned fun nevers goes away completely it just needs a bright and cheery update like your pretty tic- tac-toe board! Those furry chicks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful!!!!

    xoxo
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally remember this post. How could I forget those fabulous shoes! But seriously, I remember thinking when I first saw this, how adorable this tic tac toe game was. Love the little chicks and Easter eggs for the pieces. Such a sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so much fun! I love this tic tac toe idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved it then, love it now. This year though, I have a pinterest board, and I'm pinning it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you two got some bonding time over the Easter tic tac toe. LOVE IT! I think the ribbons and fabric you chose are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember this post well Mel! Still love the fabric and the colours, and those rockin' pink boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is that! I love the idea of a themed tic tac toe! How do you think up this stuff?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...