Adsense



    

Monday 24 March 2014

Spice Rack Bead Organiser

G'day.

I rarely get to do a bit of thrifting, but lately I have been stalking every single one looking for spice racks. I've seen countless pictures on pinterest where spice racks have been used for craft supplies and since I use spice jars for my seed beads it got me thinking.




Then I stumbled across this little beauty for $2, so excited and I am pretty sure my parents had one of these back in the 80's.

Anyway as much as I love Masterfood's I was after a different look. So I broke out the chalk paint and painted her up.




After I painted I kept thinking it needed a graphic or something, but once I put the beads in I think they give her a little sparkle and I'm glad I didn't add any extra.


DIY Delight or Disaster? Well I think it's a delight and I like having the beads sparkling I'm all about seed beads, cheap but pretty.

Thanks for reading,

Mel xo

18 comments:

  1. Well done with the painting, Mel ! And the beads look perfect in their new organized home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great! I love the colors of the beads in the jars. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a colorful delight! Love that you painted that spice rack and found a good use for it. Go Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this idea. I love my beads, so having them up on the wall, on display is perfect! I want to do this now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! As you know, I don't do jewelry (yet), but I do use spice jars for buttons. I have one of those revolving spice racks on a shelf in my disaster of a craft room/office space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so much prettier than my bead storage. Great idea Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a delight! Nice job Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am now on the hunt for a spice rack for my own to store craft supplies in! Nicely done Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the beads add pops of color! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is brilliant. It looks great and is so practical. People will never use spice racks for spices again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mel, what an awesome idea!!! Love - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's such a great idea Mel !!!
    And so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect use for an old spice rack. I love it, super handy for bead storage and it doubles as something pretty to hang on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your collection of beads is so colorful. They really pop against the white like eye candy for a crafty bead-er.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You started with G'day!!! That made my day!!! Oh, you have a nice rack, too. :P

    xoxo
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's how it starts with the chalk paint addiction. You do one thing and love it, that leads to another, and another, and another... I'm just giving you fair warning here. :)

    It turned out great. I like the colorful beads in there too (they're 'purty').

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea Mel!! It looks fabulous and now organized. Thanks for the inspiration. Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, between housework and 5 kids, this is the only thing I get out of bed for ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...